PDA

View Full Version : sending playlist to musicmatch/winamp

Rakonhere
October 13th, 2002, 04:55 PM
i have setup a use similar to what you are requesting, Essientialy, i have several thousand .wav files in a numerical order. they start at 1000 and go to 3000+ i simply use the registers to display the value a.k.a .wav that i want played. in the mean time i have set up the software to send a number to a window that pops up every time the letter J is pressed on the key board. (winamp is the active window of coarse). so far there is no limit to the number of files in the list. if any one wants the the .gir file send me an email. i will have to condense the file. i am useing 3 remotes for the setup.

Ron
The new Girder 3.0.22pre2 has a feature called registers with these you can do some nifty stuff. I've created a .gir file that demonstrates how you can do what you want.

Look in the zip file there is a .gir file that gives an example of an OSD that displays 3 numbers punched in on the remote.

now to open you mp3 playlists (albums) their
name would have to be something like

playlist100.m3u
playlist101.m3u

Take a look at this modified gir file.

Playlist.gir (http://www.stack.nl/~stilgar/windoze/files/playlist.gir)

-Ron

[Edited by RonB on 03-03-2001 at 12:38 AM GMT]

Ron
Its fixed, try again! ( same link (http://www.stack.nl/~stilgar/windoze/files/playlist.gir) )

-Ron

Ron
Thanks for the support!

I don't have any experience with that but I bet there is a way to do this. Sometimes you can manipulate a running program by running it again with different commandline switches.

-Ron

Ron
Thanks for the contribution will!

Yes i have seen the strange behaviour but only once. And i have posted a report about it on the programmers forum. I'm on the look out for the updated tForum or the reason for the strange behaviour. Maybe we can start a thread where we report the misbehaviours. And describe what we did.

-Ron

Ron
Thats not neseccary if you add a timeout to the .gir file.. :D

Caffiend
That Playlist.gir link is a 404. This sounds really cool though!

Caffiend
Here ya go. This is the page for commandline info on Winamp
http://www.winamp.com/nsdn/winamp2x/dev/sdk/api.jhtml

Specifically, if /ADD works with playlists then that should be the equivalent of the right-click "Enqueue in Winamp"

-will

Caffiend
Um, something happened to the link in my last post... Doesn't seem to be an edit option either. Here's that link:

http://www.winamp.com/nsdn/winamp2x/dev/sdk/api.jhtml

Ok, let's see if it posts right this time.

-will

[Edit]
This one posted right, and I got the Edit button now.
I had also said that /ADD should work as the equivalent of the right-click "Enqueue in Winamp" feature.
Ron -
This forum software seems reeeaaaally flakey. Lots of misformatting, etc. Sorry, got no examples, and if you're on dialup I'm sure you don't want snapshots when it happens.

[Edited by Caffiend on 03-08-2001 at 01:46 PM GMT]

ehusen
Hello all,

I have just started using Girder in my home PC with the IRman hardware. One thing I would like to do is play a given album (converted to mp3s on my harddrive) in musicmatch by entering a 3 digit number from my remote. Thus I could have a number assigned for each album and play that album automatically (something like a jukebox).

I figure I need to somehow setup a playlist for each album and then link sending that playlist to musicmatch to a given command. But when I have over 200 albums, that seems like I would need to map an awful lot of commands in girder.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Eric

ehusen
The new register feature works great Ron. I applaud your efforts with the Girder software. I often make the joke that this kind of support only comes from free software.

Of course, MusicMatch does not have a keyboard shortcut for "clear playlist" so I went back to Winamp. Of course, Winamp has a nuance of its own. I like to add multiple playlists in at once (i.e. setup up several CDs to play and forget about it). Winamp 2.71 automatically closes the first playlist before opening the second one. There is a keyboard shortcut for "add a file" but it presents a pop-up window in which you type the filename. I believe I can setup a command to generate the keyboard event "L" to winamp and then fire the playlist name into the dialog box. Anybody see any problems with attempting this?

Thanks again, Ron. This program is pretty neat. "Of course my wife has once again called me a geek for wanting to send IR commands to my PC" :)

ehusen
Yup, just tested it. The commandline "/add" parameter works, but only if Winamp has already launched. IF winamp is not running and you use the /add parameter it pops up a dialog box asking for a file.

Easy workaround is to just ensure that winamp is launched before you try adding any playlists.

So it looks like I can implement this just the way I want. :-) Can't wait to get home and try it out.

Next step is to associate some .wav files for audible feedback. (I would like to have the stereo say the name of the album when it adds it to the playlist.)

thanks again,

Eric

ehusen
Another followup. There is a preference setting (sorry I don't remember exactly where) in winamp 2.71 that allows you to treat the double click/open as "enqueue in winamp". This allows the remote control to add the playlists instead of clearing the last one out when the new one is added.

Musicmatch does have some fine jukebox functions and it's AutoDJ function is nice. But for all other options, Winamp appears to handle things much better.

My latest challenge is: when you enter a non-existant filename (human input error) for the playlist, a dialog box comes up stating the file doesn't exist and waits for you to click the OK button. Unfortunately this isn't a Winamp box, so I need to target this dialog box with a "return" to clear it out. I'm pretty sure I can, I just haven't checked the target window to see if this box is a common one.

ehusen
My final thought in this thread. The pop-up dialog is owned by Girder. So I just needed to send an enter key to the window and it was cleared away. Works great.

ehusen
Well, the example code has a default of expecting three digits before firing off the playlist. So all of my playlists have a 3 digit number in them ("000" to "999"). I guess after I have a thousand CDs, I'll have to adjust the program to accept four keypresses. :)

theye
How did you set up Girder for the playlists above 9? Like one that needs two or three digits...

theye
Also, the way I do it is use the O.S. section to execute winamp and put /PLAY /ADD "x:mp3album" under step size.

Mandark
@ombre42
if you have fixed the albumlist bug (going back 2 albums when pressing prev) could you please send it to me, if you intend to fix it of course?! albumlist+girder really rocks, except for that annoying bug.
thanks in advance!
my e-mail: mandark@gmx.at

-mandark

Mandark
yeah album list is really one of the most useful plugins for winamp and even greater with girder. its a pity it isnt being developed anymore.
i would have looked into the source code myself, but i dont know anything about programming.
if you finished your modifications, i would really appreciate, if you could send it to me, or post a link.
btw i realised another very annoying bug. if 2 playlists are located in the same directory, albumlist seems to have some problems. if you select one if these playlists in albumlist, both are highlighted and skipping fwd doesnt work right anymore. try it. maybe you can fix this bug too.

-mandark

Mandark
wow, thats great thanks! its a lot better now that stupid bug is gone. pleas keep me informed of any updates!

thanks,
mandark

Mandark
@ombre42
sorry, but i don't know what you mean. the only other problem i realized, was when 2 playlists are in the same folder (albumlist only scans for m3u playlists). if you select one, both are highlighted and skipping forward in album list doesnt work right anymore. the problem is, that i would like to have different playlists in one directory. (e.g. slow, heavy, fast music, etc.) if i do so, im having problems skipping around in albumlist.
anyways, if it is too complicated to code, forget it. it is not a that big problem. i just have to keep only one playlist in every directroy.

-mandark

Mandark
@ombre42
yes, thats the bug i was talking about. its very annoying when switching albums forward with a remote.
the idea with the artist/album name is great. i'm looking forward to the next fix. thanks for your work!
-mandark

mday
The playlist.gir link seems to be broken again...

I'm getting started on replacing my CD jukebox with MP3s (hopefully under the control of girder). I'm planning on creating a playlist for each CD and then hopefully using Supernudelist to build buttons on my Pronto for each CD which will send IR to girder to play the list. Has anyone done this? Is the above mentioned playlist.gir still the best way to get there from here with the combination of girder/IRman/Pronto?

I would prefer to use Musicmatch Jukebox, but will switch to winamp if I have to.

Mastiff
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mastiff on 2002-02-08 13:16 ]</font>

Grant
Ron,

I'm looking for this playlist.gir group you've mentioned in previous messages in this thread. The link is non-existent. Have you moved it?

Grant

alex50
I have been using Girder for about 24 hours and already, I love the program. Like some of the others on this forum, I'd like to use my MP3 collection as a large jukebox of albums. Using the 3-digit playlist method mentioned above, I am able to come very close to what I want. Thanks!

Few questions. Ehusen, you had mentioned that you were able to make the PLAYLIST NOT FOUND error message go away. How exactly did you achieve this? Would you be kind enough to email me your file? (alex50@hotmail.com)

In addition, would it be possible to perhaps require an "enter" key of some sort, rather than a set number of digits? Also, having the ability to clear what you started typing would be neat as well. For example, use the # as enter and * as clear (as in the case of the Packard Bell remote). So you can type 12# and get playlist 12. or type 123# to get playlist 123. I will devote some time to figuring this out. If anyone has already done so, please let me know. Thanks again for all of your input and guidance.

alex50
With the help of a friend, I have been able to achieve the following:

1. You can enter a playlist number of varying digits. Confirm number by pressing enter.
2. You can press clear to start the entry of the number from the beginning.
3. You can use the up and down directionals to scroll through playlists. (e.g. If you were listening to playlist100, pressing up will scroll through 101, 102, 103, etc. Confirm the one you want by hitting enter)

Currently working on the ability to toggle between ADD and PLAY playlists. (You start winamp and start a playlist. Toggle the function to ADD, and enqueue additional playlists/albums without interrupting the playback. Although I have the logic done, I am having difficulty with the ADD playlists command for winamp. If anyone has been able to do this successfully, please let me know how.

Also, still couldn't get the playlist not found error message to go away. Help with that would be appreciated as well.

I'll post the file as soon as I get these kinks worked out.

Thanks again.

-Alex

alex50
Sorry about the many posts. Got the toggle to ADD/PLAY playlists to work fine. Only the clearing of the "playlist not found" error message issue remains. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: I am finally able to close the error message. I did this by setting a Timer Action just before running the file. The timer action will (after a set amount of time) run another segment that will close the box. This gets around the problem with program execution stopping because of the message box.

However, I also discovered a way to compeltely prevent the error message from ever coming up. Instead of executing the playlist, I execute Winamp instead with the playlist as the parameter. If the playlist doesn't exist, winamp just ignores it. Works great!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: alex50 on 2001-10-04 16:25 ]</font>

Dada
Have you succeded ? I would really like to use that feature, too, so please let us know how to do it or where to grab the file.

thx a lot,
Dada

Amok
avoid using the registers file (playlist.gir) to launch playlists UNLESS you want to manualy create and link playlists for all of your albums
the best solution i've found is to use the winamp album list plugin.
this plug in can accept WM messages!!!(internal windows commands that girder can send) to select an album.
All u have to do is change the output of [REG 3] to send a WM message to album list instead of opening a playlist
post any questions here

Also. . . ne1 knows how to enter a 4 digit value or include and enter-reset function?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Amok on 2002-01-13 23:07 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Amok on 2002-01-13 23:11 ]</font>

Amok
Yes, i hope some one takes over album list 'cos its a little gem.
i contacted the author a while ago and it seemed that he wanted to continue development but he has'nt released nothing in ages.
the AL bug that bothers me the most is that playalbum WM's get a +1 (if i send playalbum 131 AL plays album 132)the author told me something about WM's being 1 based but. . . that's not the point.
I have no programming skills otherwise i would do this miself but i ne1 finds time to fix AL so the WM's match the program display it would make me ha-ppy :wink:
also high on the wish list: a make htm of txt list of albums

Amok
Links get broken-
here's the file contents ,hope it helps

remeber that you need the sendmessage plugin active

Girder 3.0 DataFile
[Album List]
enabled=TRUE
Identifier=132
Comments=
<1 Album Back>
irstr=D5AAEED5AD
Device=140
Identifier=74
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=6
ActionSubType=1
sValue2=FALSE
iValue1=40
antirepeat=500
TargetName=Winamp Album List
TargetClass=Winamp AL
TargetExe=Winamp.exe
TopMost=FALSE
Matchnum=1
MatchBy=6
StateCount=2
StateBegin=1
<1 Album Fwd>
irstr=D5AAEED3AD
Device=140
Identifier=49
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=6
ActionSubType=1
sValue2=FALSE
iValue1=38
antirepeat=500
TargetClass=Winamp AL
TargetExe=Winamp.exe
TopMost=FALSE
Matchnum=1
MatchBy=6
StateCount=2
StateBegin=1
<First Album>
irstr=152A2E022D
Device=140
Identifier=53
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=6
ActionSubType=1
sValue2=FALSE
iValue1=36
antirepeat=500
TargetClass=Winamp AL
TargetExe=Winamp.exe
TopMost=FALSE
Matchnum=1
MatchBy=6
StateCount=2
StateBegin=1
<Play Album>
irstr=D5AAEE52AD
Device=140
Identifier=54
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=6
ActionSubType=1
sValue2=FALSE
iValue1=13
antirepeat=600
TargetClass=Winamp AL
TargetExe=Winamp.exe
TopMost=FALSE
Matchnum=1
MatchBy=7
StateCount=2
StateBegin=1
<Queue Album>
irstr=152A2E182D
Device=140
Identifier=22
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=6
ActionSubType=1
sValue2=FALSE
bValue2=TRUE
iValue1=13
antirepeat=500
TargetClass=Winamp AL
TargetExe=Winamp.exe
TopMost=FALSE
Matchnum=1
MatchBy=6
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
[TR]
enabled=TRUE
Identifier=76
Comments=
<Skip Forward>
irstr=D5AAEE40AD
Device=140
Identifier=19
Comments=0
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=6
ActionSubType=1
sValue2=FALSE
iValue1=39
TargetName=9. James Taylor - Baby Boom Baby - Winamp [Stopped]
TargetClass=Winamp v1.x
TargetExe=Winamp.exe
TopMost=FALSE
Matchnum=1
MatchBy=6
MatchHidden=TRUE
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
<Skip Backwards>
irstr=D5AAEEC0AD
Device=140
Identifier=27
Comments=0
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=6
ActionSubType=1
sValue2=FALSE
iValue1=37
TargetClass=Winamp v1.x
TargetExe=Winamp.exe
TopMost=FALSE
Matchnum=1
MatchBy=6
MatchHidden=TRUE
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
<Shuffle>
irstr=152A2E3A173D
Device=140
Identifier=40
Comments=500
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=6
ActionSubType=1
sValue1=s
sValue2=FALSE
antirepeat=500
TargetClass=Winamp v1.x
TargetExe=Winamp.exe
TopMost=FALSE
Matchnum=1
MatchBy=6
MatchHidden=TRUE
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
<Llist Begin>
irstr=152A2007302D
Device=140
Identifier=59
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=6
ActionSubType=1
sValue1=z
sValue2=FALSE
bValue1=TRUE
TargetName=1. Caetano Veloso - Amanhã - Winamp
TargetClass=Winamp v1.x
TargetExe=Winamp.exe
TopMost=FALSE
Matchnum=1
MatchBy=6
MatchHidden=TRUE
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
<Play>
irstr=D5AAEEB0AD
Device=140
Identifier=58
Comments=500
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=6
ActionSubType=1
sValue1=x
sValue2=FALSE
antirepeat=500
TargetName=1. James Taylor - Believe It Or Not - Winamp [Stopped]
TargetClass=Winamp v1.x
TargetExe=Winamp.exe
TopMost=FALSE
Matchnum=1
MatchBy=6
MatchHidden=TRUE
StateCount=2
StateBegin=1
<Stop>
irstr=D5AAEE70AD
Device=140
Identifier=8
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=6
ActionSubType=1
sValue1=v
sValue2=FALSE
antirepeat=500
TargetName=1. James Taylor - Believe It Or Not - Winamp [Stopped]
TargetClass=Winamp v1.x
TargetExe=Winamp.exe
TopMost=FALSE
Matchnum=1
MatchBy=6
MatchHidden=TRUE
StateCount=2
StateBegin=1
<Next>
irstr=D5AAEEB8AD
Device=140
Identifier=23
Comments=500
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=6
ActionSubType=1
sValue1=b
sValue2=FALSE
antirepeat=500
TargetClass=Winamp v1.x
TargetExe=Winamp.exe
TopMost=FALSE
Matchnum=1
MatchBy=6
MatchHidden=TRUE
StateCount=2
StateBegin=1
<Prev>
irstr=D5AAEE38AD
Device=140
Identifier=10
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=6
ActionSubType=1
sValue1=z
sValue2=FALSE
antirepeat=500
TargetName=11. James Taylor - Valentine's Day - Winamp
TargetClass=Winamp v1.x
TargetExe=Winamp.exe
TopMost=FALSE
Matchnum=1
MatchBy=6
MatchHidden=TRUE
StateCount=2
StateBegin=1
<Pause>
irstr=D5AAEE72AD
Device=140
Identifier=139
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=6
ActionSubType=1
sValue1=c
sValue2=FALSE
antirepeat=500
TargetName=1. Mahavishnu - Dream - Winamp [Stopped]
TargetClass=Winamp v1.x
TargetExe=Winamp.exe
TopMost=FALSE
Matchnum=1
MatchBy=6
MatchHidden=TRUE
StateCount=2
StateBegin=1
<10 Tracks Back>
irstr=D5AAEED2AD
Device=140
Identifier=28
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=6
ActionSubType=15
sValue2=FALSE
iValue1=97
antirepeat=500
TargetClass=Winamp AL
TargetExe=Winamp.exe
TopMost=FALSE
Matchnum=1
MatchBy=6
MatchHidden=TRUE
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
<10 Tracks Fwd>
irstr=D5AAEED1AD
Device=140
Identifier=32
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=6
ActionSubType=16
sValue2=FALSE
iValue1=99
antirepeat=500
TargetClass=Winamp AL
TargetExe=Winamp.exe
TopMost=FALSE
Matchnum=1
MatchBy=6
MatchHidden=TRUE
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
[Register Demonstation]
enabled=TRUE
Identifier=13
Comments=
(1)
enabled=TRUE
irstr=D5AAEE82AD
Device=140
Identifier=57
Comments=
antirepeat=500
{1}
Identifier=70
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=18
sValue1=1
iValue2=1
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Jump}
Identifier=61
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=10
lValue1=111
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
(2)
enabled=TRUE
irstr=D5AAEE42AD
Device=140
Identifier=73
Comments=
antirepeat=500
{1}
Identifier=77
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=18
sValue1=2
iValue2=1
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Jump}
Identifier=113
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=10
lValue1=111
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
(3)
enabled=TRUE
irstr=D5AAEEC2AD
Device=140
Identifier=69
Comments=
antirepeat=500
{1}
Identifier=71
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=18
sValue1=3
iValue2=1
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Jump}
Identifier=115
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=10
lValue1=111
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
(4)
enabled=TRUE
irstr=D5AAEE22AD
Device=140
Identifier=75
Comments=
antirepeat=500
{1}
Identifier=84
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=18
sValue1=4
iValue2=1
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Jump}
Identifier=117
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=10
lValue1=111
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
(5)
enabled=TRUE
irstr=D5AAEEA2AD
Device=140
Identifier=81
Comments=
antirepeat=500
{1}
Identifier=83
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=18
sValue1=5
iValue2=1
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Jump}
Identifier=119
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=10
lValue1=111
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
(6)
enabled=TRUE
irstr=D5AAEE62AD
Device=140
Identifier=87
Comments=
antirepeat=500
{1}
Identifier=89
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=18
sValue1=6
iValue2=1
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Jump}
Identifier=121
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=10
lValue1=111
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
(7)
enabled=TRUE
irstr=D5AAEEE2AD
Device=140
Identifier=93
Comments=
antirepeat=500
{1}
Identifier=95
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=18
sValue1=7
iValue2=1
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Jump}
Identifier=123
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=10
lValue1=111
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
(8)
enabled=TRUE
irstr=D5AAEE12AD
Device=140
Identifier=99
Comments=
antirepeat=500
{1}
Identifier=101
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=18
sValue1=8
iValue2=1
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Jump}
Identifier=125
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=10
lValue1=111
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
(9)
enabled=TRUE
irstr=D5AAEE92AD
Device=140
Identifier=48
Comments=
antirepeat=500
{1}
Identifier=35
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=18
sValue1=9
iValue2=1
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Jump}
Identifier=127
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=10
lValue1=111
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
(0)
enabled=TRUE
irstr=D5AAEE02AD
Device=140
Identifier=106
Comments=
antirepeat=500
{1}
Identifier=108
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=18
sValue1=0
iValue2=1
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Jump}
Identifier=129
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=10
lValue1=111
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
(CALC)
enabled=TRUE
irstr=
Device=-1
Identifier=111
Comments=
{Multi}
Identifier=36
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=24
sValue1=2
iValue2=1
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Optellen}
Identifier=38
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=22
sValue1=1
iValue2=3
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Multi / 10}
Identifier=37
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=21
sValue1=10
iValue2=2
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Reset timeout}
Identifier=183
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=122
ActionSubType=1
iValue1=2500
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=168
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{End of sequence?}
Identifier=39
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=26
sValue1===0
iValue2=2
lValue1=41
lValue2=146
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
(AFTER 3 CHARS)
enabled=TRUE
irstr=
Device=-1
Identifier=41
Comments=
{Reset timeout}
Identifier=184
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=122
ActionSubType=1
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{display}
Identifier=94
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=9
sValue1=Play Album [reg 3]
iValue2=10
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{THING TO DO AFTER 3 CHARS (3)}
Identifier=130
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=112
ActionSubType=14
sValue1=1024 100 [reg 3]
iValue2=10
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TargetClass=Winamp AL
TargetExe=Winamp.exe
TopMost=FALSE
Matchnum=1
MatchBy=6
MatchHidden=TRUE
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Set Mult reg}
Identifier=18
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=18
sValue1=100
iValue2=2
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{zero reg 3}
Identifier=133
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=18
sValue1=0
iValue2=3
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
(TIMEOUT)
enabled=TRUE
irstr=
Device=-1
Identifier=168
Comments=
{Reg 4 0}
Identifier=170
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=18
sValue1=0
iValue2=4
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Reg 5 0}
Identifier=172
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=18
sValue1=0
iValue2=5
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Copy Reg3}
Identifier=174
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=22
sValue1=3
iValue2=4
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Copy Reg2}
Identifier=176
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=22
sValue1=2
iValue2=5
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Mult 5 * 10}
Identifier=178
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=20
sValue1=10
iValue2=5
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{DIV}
Identifier=180
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=25
sValue1=5
iValue2=4
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Set Mult reg}
Identifier=96
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=18
sValue1=100
iValue2=2
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Reg 3 0}
Identifier=90
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=18
sValue1=0
iValue2=3
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{display}
Identifier=102
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=9
sValue1=Starting file2playlist[reg 4].m3u
iValue2=10
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{THING TO DO ON TIMEOUT (4)}
Identifier=182
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=2
ActionSubType=14
sValue1=playlist[reg 4].m3u
iValue2=10
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
(INS)
enabled=TRUE
irstr=
Device=-1
Identifier=146
Comments=
{Reg 4 0}
Identifier=144
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=18
sValue1=0
iValue2=4
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Reg 5 0}
Identifier=140
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=18
sValue1=0
iValue2=5
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Copy Reg3}
Identifier=148
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=22
sValue1=3
iValue2=4
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Copy Reg2}
Identifier=134
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=22
sValue1=2
iValue2=5
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Mult 5 * 10}
Identifier=149
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=20
sValue1=10
iValue2=5
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{DIV}
Identifier=150
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=25
sValue1=5
iValue2=4
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Display num so far}
Identifier=131
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=9
sValue1= Waiting for input : [reg4]
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
<init Mult reg [PUT ME IN STARTUP GROUP!]>
irstr=
Device=-1
Identifier=45
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=4
ActionSubType=18
sValue1=100
iValue2=2
lValue1=624
lValue2=624
lValue3=624
TopMost=TRUE
Matchnum=1
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
[System]
enabled=TRUE
Identifier=217
Comments=
(Tv Out)
enabled=TRUE
irstr=
Device=-1
Identifier=213
Comments=
antirepeat=1000
{Disable Monitor}
Identifier=214
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=3
ActionSubType=3
iValue1=1
iValue2=851976
TargetClass=RunDLL
TargetExe=rundll32.exe
CTargetName=When using TV out, don't use my &monitor
CTargetClass=Button
TopMost=FALSE
Matchnum=1
MatchBy=252
MatchHidden=TRUE
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Enable Tv-Out}
Identifier=212
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=3
ActionSubType=3
iValue1=1
iValue2=327688
TargetClass=RunDLL
TargetExe=rundll32.exe
CTargetName=Enable output to &TV
CTargetClass=Button
TopMost=FALSE
Matchnum=1
MatchBy=252
MatchHidden=TRUE
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Accept}
Identifier=215
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=3
ActionSubType=3
iValue1=1
iValue2=655383
TargetClass=RunDLL
TargetExe=rundll32.exe
CTargetName=Aceptar
CTargetClass=Button
TopMost=FALSE
Matchnum=1
MatchBy=252
MatchHidden=TRUE
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
{Confirm}
Identifier=216
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=3
ActionSubType=3
iValue1=1
iValue2=983062
TargetExe=rundll32.exe
CTargetName=Aceptar
CTargetClass=Button
TopMost=FALSE
Matchnum=1
MatchBy=196
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
[Media Player 7]
enabled=TRUE
Identifier=218
Comments=
<Play - Pause>
irstr=D5AAEEA0AD
Device=140
Identifier=228
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=3
ActionSubType=3
sValue2=FALSE
iValue1=1
iValue2=1245396
antirepeat=600
TargetName=Futurama - 38 - The Birdbot Of Ice-Catraz (S03E08) (3ACV05).mpg - Reproductor de Windows Media
TargetClass=Media Player 2
TargetExe=mplayer2.exe
CTargetName=ActiveMovie Window
CTargetClass=VideoRenderer
TopMost=FALSE
Matchnum=1
MatchBy=198
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1
<Play - Pause>
irstr=D5AA6038AD
Device=140
Identifier=219
Comments=
enabled=TRUE
ActionType=3
ActionSubType=1
sValue2=FALSE
bValue3=TRUE
iValue1=68739
antirepeat=600
TargetName=Futurama - 38 - The Birdbot Of Ice-Catraz (S03E08) (3ACV05).mpg - Reproductor de Windows Media
TargetClass=Media Player 2
TargetExe=mplayer2.exe
TopMost=FALSE
Matchnum=1
MatchBy=6
StateCount=1
StateBegin=1

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Amok on 2002-02-10 10:20 ]</font>

Monkey!
Just discovered this thread and it sounds just what I need.

The original playlist.gir link is broken again - does anyone have a copy of it anywhere.

-Dan

ombre42
Amok thanks for pointing me to that winamp plugin...I tried browsing the plugins on winamp.com, but takes sooo long. Finally a way to load playlists and have them play instantly.
Previously I tried using WM_COMMANDs to winamp, lauching winamp via "winamp.exe playlist.m3u", and start "playlist.m3u"
All had the problem of if done repeatadly (within a sec or so), Winamp would add songs and not play the playlist. Tried many workarounds, but to no avail.
The PlayPrev Album function has a bug-goes back TWO albums (hasn't been fixed and it's been 6 mos. maybe I'll fix it since development has ceased :smile: )
BTW anyone who plans on using the "Album List" plugin:
Make sure "Match Invisible Tasks" in the Target window is checked (otherwise won't work if Winamp is minimized)
Matching w/Class: Winamp AL seems to work fine
The readme and the website only mention 2 msgs so I will list some here (from resource.h in the source code avail. on website http://hey.to/albumlist)
Command WParam
IDC_PLAY_ALL_ALBUM 3020
IDC_NEXTALBUM 40001
IDC_PREVALBUM 40002
IDC_PLAYNEXTALBUM 40008
IDC_PLAYPREVALBUM 40009
IDC_SORT_SHUFFLE 3013

ombre42
I am serious about fixing that bug, it is the most obvious bug (look at the source code).
I just have to take that source code in to school cuz I don't have Visual C++ at home.
I just started using VC++ a week ago, but the source code posted has all the project files, etc.
If all goes well I'll start adding a few features I'd like to see (goto nth album in list and go forward or back n albums). I know these things can be done in Girder but it's such a silly way of doing it.
Album List is such a useful plugin I can't believe no one has sent in any modified versions or taken over the project for that matter (author quit).
If I had a windows debugger I would probably be able to release a two-byte patch for the PLAYPREVALBUM, but I don't.

Kevin

ombre42
@mandark

Well, I was amazed that it compiled no problem. I tried debugging the release version to see if I could fix it with a patch (not that it's big but I like challanges). The debugger in Borland C++ 5 is lacking(released in 1996, works fine in XP!) and so are my skills, oh well.
btw you didn't need to be a programmer to see this bug:
void CWinampUI::PlayPrevAlbum()
if (0 < cindex)
{
cindex = cindex - 1;
}
LPALBUMINFO album = m_pAlbumList->GetAlbum(cindex-1);

A quick fix version (only the PLAYPREVALB bug) is available for download here:
http://my.core.com/~candles/alfixed.zip

Kevin

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ombre42 on 2002-01-18 12:53 ]</font>

ombre42
@Amok
I'm planning some time this weekend on squashing some bugs in Album List, although I barely know much about windows programming so I might be slow. Yes AL is quite a gem, should come up on the first plugin page instead of dancing hot chick plugins :wink:
Kevin

ombre42
I gotta get some sleep now but thought I'd post first.
I've fixed the "keep album playing" bug (gotta test). Two more known bugs to squash before I think about adding any features.
@Mandark: I thought about what you said about the one-off problem with IPC_PLAYALBUM and I don't view it as a bug. The frontend.h file specifies it as 0-based. All of the functions are based on that index being 0-based also. Changing it to 1-based would affect too many people and too much code. How are you using this feature anyways? Maybe there's a better way to deal with the problem in Girder? I think it would be silly also to add a new command code like IPC_AMOKS_PLAYALBUM that does the decrement for you :smile:
As for a "a make htm of txt list of albums", I believe there are already plenty of tools out there that perform this function - I like AL's dll at a lean 186kB :smile:

Kevin

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ombre42 on 2002-01-25 15:33 ]</font>

ombre42
@mandark
Ahh, that's a naughty bug-happens if you have more than one m3u in the root of your search also-I'll look into it. I also would like to have a bunch of playlists in the root dir of the search that would use the filename of the m3u to create a pseudo artist/album name if the playlist doesn't have #EXTART and #EXTALB, i.e. Foo - Bar.m3u would have artist Foo, album Bar, and if no dash have default artist=Various and album=m3u filename minus the .m3u. Sound good?
Please tell me exactly what you don't understand about my previous post.
Oh, btw the keep playing bug(goes to 2nd song in album) is more or less a lacking in Winamp, but I have an dirty, but working workaround for it.
Kevin

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ombre42 on 2002-01-27 14:02 ]</font>

miglo
Anyone seen the playlist.gir around? I still can't find it (link broken)

Mig

dkan24
I am new to Girder but am interested in opening up albums in Winamp.

My first test is: I would like to open URL from Winamp, then have Girder put in the file path of the album.

I am able to open the URL, but then I cannot get it to put in the keysequence such as "D:musicmix2".

How to I get Girder to put those letters into a dialog box?

thanks for the help

-Dan

MpegErnie
you mean playlist.gir? executing a playlist by punching a few digits?

http://mpegernie.tripod.com/girder.html

xraypaver
On 2002-01-25 07:27, miglo wrote:
Anyone seen the playlist.gir around? I still can't find it (link broken)

Mig

Try http://www.stack.nl/~stilgar/misc.php
worked for me
Xray

xraypaver
All u have to do is change the output of [REG 3] to send a WM message to album list instead of opening a playlist
post any questions here

OK, Amok how do you do this, been messing with it and still can't get it to work. Can you send me a working .gir (please!!)
xraypaver@yahoo.com