PDA

View Full Version : NetRemote LE on my SimPad

2re
August 14th, 2004, 06:12 AM
Hi,

After deleting the 0.996 version from my SimPad I’ve tried to install the trailversion of LE, but without any success. The following message apair:

“ Cannot find ‘NetRemote’ (or one of its components). Make sure that the pat and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available.”

(I’ve made a shortcut to the desktop)

I belive I can run NetRemote LE directly on my SimPad……..?
What (fake).dll or other files do I have to add to the SimPad, to get it work, and where do I install them?

Thanks for any help!!

Tore

Wilhelm
August 14th, 2004, 08:03 AM
Hi Tore,

this error message points to missing dll's on the SIMPad. As you know, NetRemote is written for PocketPC's. So to make your SIMPad most compatible to that platform, I suggest you get theese dll's and simply copy them to the Windows directory on your SIMPad:
this cemenu 0.9b8 (http://www.hpc.ru/soft/software.phtml?id=4935)
these superseed the fake-dlls.
Additionally you should put a link to OKApp.exe into your startup folder. This helps closing PPC dialogs that have no close gadget.

I found that these dll's made the SIMPad much more compatible to PPC pograms.

This also should work perfectly with NetRemoteLE

2re
August 14th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Hi Wilhelm,

Shall I copy all the four .dll's to the Windows directory, and no one to the NetRemote directory?

In verson 0.996 I use to have the aygshell.dll and DocList.dll in the Windows directory, and the mfcce300.dll andolece300.dll in the NetRemote directory.

What do you mean by "put a link to OKApp.exe into your startup folder"? Could you please explain more specific :-?

What CCF do you recomend to use on the SimPad?

Tore

Wilhelm
August 14th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Shall I copy all the four .dll's to the Windows directory, and no one to the NetRemote directory?

yes

In verson 0.996 I use to have the aygshell.dll and DocList.dll in the Windows directory, and the mfcce300.dll andolece300.dll in the NetRemote directory.

This is not necessary

What do you mean by "put a link to OKApp.exe into your startup folder"? Could you please explain more specific :-?

Start the Explorer, goto the Windows directory, select the okapp.exe, click Edit/copy
goto the \windows\statup directoy, click edit/insert link.
This is only to start okapp automatically with every reset. You could also start it manually..

What CCF do you recomend to use on the SimPad?

I think there is a 800x600 ccf installed with NetRemoteLE. This works fine and is a good start. You could also look in the download area.

2re
August 14th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Thank's Wilhelm!

I'll give it a try

Tore

2re
August 14th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Hi again,

I've done the installation, and I overwrite the already existing Olece300.dll and mfcce300.dll with the new ones.

Still get the message; “ Cannot find ‘NetRemote’ (or one of its components). Make sure that the pat and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available.”
:oops:

Tore

Wilhelm
August 15th, 2004, 05:23 AM
Do you get the same error, when double clicking the netremote.exe in "\program files\netremote"?

2re
August 15th, 2004, 06:33 AM
Yes it does!

Also when I try to open the "Start Center" on the desktop I've got the same message

(I'm using the CE 3.0 version of HPC 2000)

Thank's

Tore

Wilhelm
August 15th, 2004, 07:18 AM
If the start center does not run, there must be somthing seriously wrong with your Simpad. Since this is a builtin application in Rom.
I am only able to test NR this on WinCE 4.1. since I upgraded long ago.
If you can spare the Outlook application, I suggest you update to 4.0 or 4.1.
With the builtin upgrade utility you should be able to flash 4.0
4.1 is a bit more work and it really does not make much of a difference.

2re
August 15th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Ok Wilhelm. I'll see if I can manage to upgrade to CE 4.0. If not I'ii probably have a SimPad for sale to the members of the forum.
Do you know where to download the upgrade, and a step by step quide to manage it? :roll:

Tore

Wilhelm
August 15th, 2004, 05:42 PM
The update function is builtin into the start menue. I don't know how the menue item is called in the english version, but I suppose it's tools or sometging like that. There is an upgade entry which conects directly to a Siemens site. The 4.0 update should be there.

2re
August 16th, 2004, 04:24 PM
I'll try to upgrade to 4.0 version during this week. Thank's for the suport so far Wilhelm!

Tore

2re
September 5th, 2004, 06:55 AM
YESS!! I've now finely installed the WinCE 4.0 version and Netremote LE with success!. Netremote opens fine in the SimPad ( Only the PDA .CCF. Haven't deared to installed any 800x600 ccf yet :roll: ), but now I'm not able to conect to the network at all. Not to Netremote or the internet. My desctop PC is wired, so I'm not able to check if the WLAN is working with another device. But I have not made any changes since I run the SimPad with WinCE 3.0 version.
I'm using a Siemens I-Gate card on the SimPad and the Gateway Router is a Belkin Version 1000

On the "Wireless LAN Confguration Utility" the Link Quality and Signal Strenght is abouth 100%, but after some minutes the conection breakes, and I have to rescan to optain conection. This happens all the time. Also at the time I was using the 3.0 version, and was able to conect to the internet and NetRemote.

Do I have to make any special WLAN setting on the SimPad while running the 4.0 version v.s 3.0 to be able to connect to the internet/NetRemote?

Or is the key just to buy a HP or a Axim PDA, and all my sleepless nights will be history?

I'll appreciate any help!!

Tore

Wilhelm
September 5th, 2004, 08:20 AM
I think the only thing you have to do, is to enter your WEP Key again, since it is stored in the registry and that certainly is deleted when the flash ROM is updated. You have to enter it with the I-Gate konfiguration utility. With the I-Gate you have to restart the SIMPad by resetting it after entering and storing the key, it does not work right away. (There seems to be a bug in the driver). But after that it should work the same as before.

Mastiff
September 5th, 2004, 05:55 PM
And to make it store the key you should first type in some silly phrase and let the driver calculate the keys from that. Then you can type in the correct key yourself manually.

2re
September 11th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Where do I enter the WEP key :roll: If it's in the "Wireles LAN Configuration Utility" I have three options for the WEP; Disable, 64 Bit and 128 Bit

Tore

Wilhelm
September 11th, 2004, 06:54 PM
You have to set it the same as in your Access point. If it is set different, it will not connect.
You are right about the "Wireles LAN Configuration Utility"

molly
October 7th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread.

I'm have problems installing netremote. I'm running winows CE 4.1 with the fake dll's.

When loading netremote LE it will not install any software onto the simpad. When loading the Pro version the software appears in the correct directories but the netromte icon does not start the program?

Any ideas?

Thanks

2re
October 7th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Try to make a shortcut to NetRemote on the desktop

2re

Mastiff
October 7th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Is there an echo in here?

Mastiff
October 7th, 2004, 06:08 PM
...echo in here?

2re
October 8th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Så så så...... rolig nå mastiff. Skyldes sikkert et RBK virus dette vet du. Ikke så greit nå for tia :lol:
(An internal Norwegian message.... :D )

Tore

Mastiff
October 8th, 2004, 11:00 AM
RBK? Å ja, det laget som pleide å vinne litt i fotball for noen år siden!

(An even more internal message, slightly loudmouthed as well...)

molly
October 9th, 2004, 09:00 AM
Thanks the shortcut worked.

Next problem, I've loaded the program several times and now its asking for a reg. key?

Why will the LE version not load onto the simpad?

Thanks

2re
October 9th, 2004, 12:55 PM
You're free to use the trial version for one month I belive. Then you have to buy a reg. key.

Tore

MikeSM
October 12th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Does the Simpad support WPA encryption for 802.11 networks under wince 4.1 or 4.1? I'm thinking about getting a couple for A/V control, but everything in the house is now running WPA and I don't want to have to go back to a less secure WEP.

Thanks,
Mike

Aaron
October 15th, 2004, 10:59 AM
MikeSM,
SimPad has no bearing on WPA support.
WPA functions are completely depandant on the drivers and the card. If you can find a card that supports WPA, and WinCE drivers that support WPA, then yes.
Also, the SimPad only workd with 16bit PCMCIA 802.11b cards.

Not sure what all the fuss is about with WPA vs WEP... put in a $30 linksys/dlink/netgear wireless router/firewall and forget about it. Just limit the access via MAC address and your more secure then WPA.

Also, the more encryption you use the more latency you add and bandwidth you waste for encryption overhead.

Mike... don't worry about it, get a SimPad and enjoy it.

PS. I may have one for sale that I'm not using.