PDA

View Full Version : Girder to Tonto and IR with UIRT?

cmjman
August 20th, 2004, 09:22 PM
I'm trying to get one of the IR codes I'm learning in Girder with a USB-UIRT into Tonto.

The usb-uirt plugin settings dialog shows two codes on my learned command but it doesn't seem to translate correctly if I just paste those codes into my Tonto control's IR property.

Can someone clarify how this works or instruct me in the best way to learn IR codes with my UIRT and then use them in Tonto?

jon_rhees
August 30th, 2004, 11:53 AM
It is my guess that Tonto wants 'Pronto-style' codes to be imported into it. The USB-UIRT's Girder plugin does not learn codes in this format, but the USB-UIRT *can* learn in this format if instructed to do so (other apps learn in the Pronto format). I would suggest emailing me at support@usbuirt.com and I can send you a simple utility which can learn in Pronto format from the USB-UIRT.

-Jon

yeswork
October 1st, 2004, 11:15 AM
I too, think I could use this "helper" application to speed the IR code learning process.

Could this helper app be posted on the USBUIRT site. (you could put a disclaimer about it being unsupported to lessen the burden on your resources).

Thanks.