PDA

View Full Version : FS: SimPad SL4 - mint condition

Aaron
August 26th, 2004, 02:57 PM
includes:

802.11b wireless card (drivers installed and running perfectly!)
WinCE.net 4.1 already installed
CDs with 3.0 and 4.0 for back rev'ing if required
all original accessories included
MINT condition

$500 shipped free in the US 48 (outside the US48 shipping additional cost)

accept payment forms:
money order
bank check
paypal - bank funds (no charge)
paypal - credit card (3% fee)

Ben S
August 26th, 2004, 05:50 PM
You're giving up on the Simpad? I just fixed most of the issues for you! :)

Aaron
August 26th, 2004, 06:14 PM
Not really giving up... I was going to upgrade to a full tablet pc. Several times more expensive so I was going to sell this first.

alexvd
August 26th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Ben,

When u say that you fixed most of Aaron's Simpad issues. Does that mean u fixed the performance issues with highly graphical ccf. Also does the simpad ir work. How about the issue where the simpad can no longer suspend. I need a paper clip to restart.

Ben S
August 26th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Hi Alex,
Performance issues with graphical ccf is, unfortunately, not a bug. The Simpad just doesn't have the horsepower to be super fast at 800x600. The standard 800x600 JRMC ccf works great ( a bit slow ).
Simpad IR -does- work, and rather well, Wilhelm has said.
I have never heard of an issue with the Simpad not suspending.

Thanks Alex!
-Ben

Aaron
August 27th, 2004, 11:17 AM
Alex,
I've never had a problem with the SP suspending.

As for performance... no it is not a good as Win32 but it has improved using my CCF (which is huge) and the only noticable slow actions are panel jumps. Button and Frame hides/shows and button presses and IR immediate, no issues at all.

The only thing I wish Ben could figure out is how to turn off the screen. I use a screen saver that blacks the screen... this works pretty well but not as good at low power usage as turning the screen off.

If you want a spare unit let me know... mine is good to go!