PDA

View Full Version : Problems Using UIRT - Cant transmit IR signals.

Randvegeta
August 28th, 2004, 01:06 AM
I am having some difficulty finding out how to learn + transmit IR signals. I bought the IR Blaster so I could control my Satalite Decoder with my computer.

Here is what I am trying to do plane and simple!

Learn IR commands from a remote control (that controls my Satalite DIGI Box) and use the computer to send (blast) those IR commands through the IR Blaster to control it.

Basicly I want to turn my computer into a giant, very expensive learning remote control.

I havnt looked through all the FAQ I admit but I did search for the problem and couldnt find it.

I would be greatful if anyone could provide a step by step help.

Thank you!!!

Mastiff
August 28th, 2004, 02:44 AM
I don't know much about the UIRT, I use the USB version, but can't you find the codes to your receiver at www.remotecentral.com and simply paste those into the necessary place?

Randvegeta
August 28th, 2004, 03:04 AM
Is the USBUIRT different to the UIRT?

Mine is a USBUIRT.

All I'm trying to do is get my Blaster to start changing the chanel on my TV!

Mastiff
August 28th, 2004, 03:06 AM
I hear that you use the USB-UIRT, and that one I know. I assume you have installed the plugin. To use it you add a new command, choose plug-ins and the USB-UIRT, and then click settings. On the screen you get, click "learn" and simply hold the remote close to the front of the UIRT until you see that the bars are on top. Then the learning will be done, and you can send the IR code by firing that command, either manually in Girder (by pressing F5 when the command is marked) or via an event. If you don't know what an event is, you have a lot of reading to do! :wink:

Randvegeta
August 28th, 2004, 03:08 AM
Damnit!

I dont need most of the functions available on the damn program. I just need a learning remot control! LOL...

Randvegeta
August 28th, 2004, 03:13 AM
I dont know what "bars" you are mentioning and the learn button I will assume you mean learn event. Any way, I learnt an event and pushed F5 but nothing happened.

vynce
August 28th, 2004, 10:48 AM
I have a UIRT2 which might be slightly different from a USBUIRT, but try this:
Create a new command.
Click the Plugins tab (NOT in the Girder settings).
Choose the UIRT Driver and click settings.
Click the Learn button in the UIRT Driver dialog box.
Point the remote that you want to learn from at the UIRT and press the button that you want to learn. Hold the button down until the progress bar = 100%.
In the learn box (the one with the progress bar) there should also be an import button. You can use this to enter Pronto codes. www.remotecentral.com has quite a large database of Pronto codes.

Randvegeta
August 28th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the help! It worked!

By the way, do you guys know if you can make a nice GUI (like an actual remote) to sen dout commands?

Thanx!

Jlee
August 28th, 2004, 01:28 PM

By the way, do you guys know if you can make a nice GUI (like an actual remote) to sen dout commands?

Thanx!
That's what NetRemote is all about. Check out the forum here and also www.NetRemote.org

Randvegeta
August 30th, 2004, 01:31 AM
I thought netremote was only for PocketPC.

What is it primarily used for and what are its functions?

Promixis
August 30th, 2004, 07:00 AM
It works on CE 4.1 devices, PPC, and Win 32.

danward79
August 30th, 2004, 08:35 AM
Hi,

Randvegeta Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:55 pm Post subject: Thanx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanx!

It is funny you should mention this, I was thinking the otherday you could probably make an awesome, GUI, with NR win32.

Anyone, else had thoughts about this?

Dan