PDA

View Full Version : NetRemote Pro

JHC
September 8th, 2004, 12:07 AM
Any idea when NetRemote Pro might go gold? I unfortunately just got around to making some time to try this out in the last couple of days and the only version readilly available is the Media Center-only version. My primary interest is in writing a plugin to accompany some work I've done for HomeSeer and Media Center and would like to see how some of the other plugins operate.

If it is still going to be awhile, is there a way to get on the NetRemote Pro pre-release list?

Many thanks,

Jonathan

Mastiff
September 8th, 2004, 02:02 AM
Send a PM to Mike. That might do the trick.

JHC
September 8th, 2004, 04:46 AM
Thanks -- I'll try that.

Jon

harleydude
September 8th, 2004, 06:29 AM
JHC,

What kinds of things are you looking to do with HomeSeer?

I have been using NetRemote with HS for about 3 months now and it's working great. I would be interested in what you might be working on.

Rick

JHC
September 8th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Rick,

I guess initially, I'm looking to do the standard stuff -- remote control HomeSeer the way many others do it. Are you using hsGirder?

Eventually though, I'd like to tie a bunch of things together and since half the pleasure I get out of all this stuff, is building some of the pieces, I usually try to do it in a way that others can use to.

Jon

harleydude
September 8th, 2004, 09:28 AM
Yes, I am using hsGirder. I am able to control lighting, view weather information and various other things under HS control. Using NetRemote/hsGirder is much better than the web interface. Plus I get status of devices and such in real time.

I am not sure what will be different with the Pro version, but hsGirder right now supports the .996.3 version of NetRemote. I have been tempted to ask for the Pro version, but I have enough on my plate right now. If you need any information on how to make all this work with HS check out the hsGirder forum on the HS board.

Rick

Ben S
September 8th, 2004, 05:43 PM
I am not sure what will be different with the Pro version, but hsGirder right now supports the .996.3 version of NetRemote. I have been tempted to ask for the Pro version, but I have enough on my plate right now. If you need any information on how to make all this work with HS check out the hsGirder forum on the HS board.

hsGirder support should be the same with 1.0 PRO as .996.3. A few things have been cleaned up with the Girder interface, but it should be plug-and-play with hsGirder.

When you're ready for Pro just let me know, Rick.

harleydude
September 8th, 2004, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the update Ben, I am looking forward to the Pro version. If it is not release when I complete a couple of projects I will ask.

Thanks
Rick

Promixis
October 8th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Pro is available now