PDA

View Full Version : RedRat2 Server Launching twice?

Ron
October 13th, 2002, 03:55 PM
The current implementation of the RedRat is going to change very soon. I've made the necessary changes to Girder and I can start working on the new version. Much less buggy.

So hang on for a few days,

-Ron

Darmok
When I reboot my computer and Girder launches it always comes up with a message saying "The Redrat Server is down should I restart it?" But at this time the RedRat Server bar has turned yellow and is working, so it doesn't matter if I say yes or no to the question either way it still works. What I can't figure out is why its doing this. If I close Girder, and reopen it, it doesn't have this problem. It seems to only happen when I reboot. I checked and there is only one instance of the Redrat server in the girder directory, and I am not using any other programs with redrat. It also doesn't matter if it was running when I shut down the machine or if it was closed, either way the same problem occurs. Any ideas?

Darmok
No hurry Ron. Here is something interesting though. Originally learning commands from the RedRat2 worked great, but after a few days any new commands I would try to learn wouldn't work. I figured out pretty quickly that it wasn't even sending these new commands. When I compared the IR strings of the ones that were working to the ones that weren't I discovered that all ot the new commands started with [SF00 whereas the ones that worked started with [SF60 so I manually changes the new ones to start with [SF60 instead and now they send their commands fine. This isn't a big deal to do, but do you have any idea why it would be doing this now? I don't know if its software or hardware that is causing this problem. My guess is hardware, and I'll have to reload the Pic controller to solve it. In the meantime my fix works though.