PDA

View Full Version : h2210 does not function with netremoteIR

enah pets
October 12th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Hello,

Please excuse my English.
I am new in the world of the pocket pc, After several research, I find that netremote is the most complete software in the family of the remote controls.
I bought a HP H2210 thinking that the CIR would be good.
With NEVO, which is provided, not problem, carried CIR is correct (16 feet). But with netremote IR, the distance is reduced to 1 foot.
I think that the software does not manage really the CIR of H2210 but rather Irda.
Do you think that the problem will be solved or must I change pocket pc ? (X3i for example)
Thank you very much.

cordially, Enah Pets

Mastiff
October 13th, 2004, 02:41 AM
I suggest that you change. HP uses the CIR unit in a way that I don't think NetRemote will be able to use. But of course I may be wrong. Anyway, people on the forum have very good results with the X3.

enah pets
October 13th, 2004, 04:43 AM
Thank you for the answer.
Could there be, in l' future, a plugin to control the CIR of the h2210 correctly?
Thank you

Enah Pets

Promixis
October 13th, 2004, 06:29 AM
Thank you for the answer.
Could there be, in l' future, a plugin to control the CIR of the h2210 correctly?
Thank you

Enah PetsWe will contact HP and see if we can get any info .

danward79
October 13th, 2004, 02:00 PM
I use the 2210, for everything but IR it seems to work fine for everything else. You will need a wifi card thou.

Mastiff
October 13th, 2004, 02:11 PM
Mike, if you do that should increase the range on my 5450 as well, so I hope you manage it. But I'm not holding my breath, that company isn't the world's best at service in my experience...

enah pets
October 13th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Hello,
Thank you for your interest.
I tested the h2210 with TV remote controller 5.5 of PDAwin.
The CIR functions very well but the software does not satisfy me.
I think that H2210 has two infra-red cells, Irda and a CIR, perhaps that netremoteIR does not control the CIR.

Please excuse my English of frog eater. :wink:
I hope that you understand me.

Enah pets

gysirith
October 14th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Hi,

it seems that I encounter the same issue as enah pets on my HP2210.
IR Direct transmission is very poor. I have to be at 10 centimeter from my TV to be able to change the channel !
I hope that someone will be able to help us.

CIR works fine with Nevo and other PDA remote softwares

thanks

Philippe from France

FrankW
October 15th, 2004, 05:35 AM
Yes,
the IrDA- transmitter of the three iPAQ's with CIR module (iPAQ 22xx, 39xx and 22xx) has a very short transmission range and the included UEI- CIR module is currently not supported by NR.

I'm still waiting for an answer of the iPAQ developers team to get the technical informations to access this CIR module.

Frank
www.WinCESoft.de

gysirith
October 27th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Hi Frank,
Any information from HP about the CIR module ?
I cannot use my netremote pro .. and it's very frustrating because I've already paid for it !!

Keep me posted.

Philippe

gysirith
November 30th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Up ! Up !

Any news from HP ?

Philippe

Promixis
November 30th, 2004, 08:04 PM
I believe Frank has one and is working on it.....

bonzo206
May 9th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Hi and hallo,

any news on this ?

Thank´s for an update

Bonzo :wink: