PDA

View Full Version : Need some input/help on NetRemote/USB-UIRT and NRServer

vexter0944
October 15th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Here's what I have -

Laptop in Den running NRServer - USB-UIRT is attatched to laptop and DIsh 2700 Receiver is being controlled with this setup.

What I want....(the hard part as usual *grin*)
another computer in my bedroom (3rd floor) - with an ATI remote Wonder Remote Control - controlling the NetRemote Windows Client to handle the following - such that when I press volume up on the Remote Wonder it sends a volume up IR signal to the NRServer in the Den to turn up the volume on the Dish Receiver.

Is this possible? Any ideas or thoughts appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

Promixis
October 19th, 2004, 04:09 PM
I think you will need Girder to bridge the two machines...

vexter0944
October 19th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Well - I did get it working...for the most part...

Here's what I have -

I have the computer in the 3rd bedroom with the ATI Remote Wonder connected to it and the computer is connected to the network via wi-fi.

The laptop is in the den with NRIrServer running and the USB-UIRT is running and also connected to the network via wi-fi.

I have a remote wonder plugin running that allows me to map any keyboard stroke to any key on the Remote Wonder. So 0 on the keyboard is the "mute" button on the Remote Wonder etc.

Then I mapped the hard keys to the re-mapped keys on the Remote Wonder and there ya have it - a Remote Wonder using the vol - button to turn down the Dish Receiver volume over Wi-Fi.

This is not the final solution as far as I'm concerned - I need more than the 6-8 hard keys a pronto has - so I may try to make a plug in that allows more or something else....but at least it's working...

If anyone would like more details or has questions - let me know. Thanks!