View Full Version : Qtek/Blue Angel WM203 SE Phone Edition

November 9th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Well, the gizmo has landed, and I must say that I'm totally in love! smaller than my 5450, with a screen that's just as good, and everything seems to work. The slide out keyboard is fantastic with search in JRMC and such, so this is really interesting! No problems as far as I can see, but of course support for landscape mode would be very nice... :wink:

November 9th, 2004, 11:33 AM
landscape mode is supported for wm2003se

just create an appropriately sized ccf file ...

in your case 320 x 240 (no vga for you :D )

and rotate the screen....

on my toshiba e800, I have the home button linked to the 'rotate screen' function so I can easily switch back and forth...

November 9th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Yes. Sorry. I meant CCFs with both landscape and portrait. I would like short lists with lots of info (like playing now) in landscape and long lists (like the JRMC tree) in portrait mode.

November 9th, 2004, 11:44 AM
a ccf file can only have one resolution...

you want a resolution PER panel and then rotate automatically when necessary

I don't think you can do this with the current ccf file format

of course, you can define a ccf file of 320x320
which means different parts of the panel will be visible depending on the screen rotation

so you need to design your 320x320 panel for a specific orientation

and then manually rotate the screen by pressing a hardware button

this gets you close to what you want...

November 9th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Damn, that was clever! You're so sharp today you might cut yourself! :wink: Thanks, man! I will do exactly that!

November 10th, 2004, 05:34 PM
one problem with the model for anybody who's interested in IR use: The port is on the side, and the range, at least with NetRemote (haven't tried it with TV Remote Controller from PDAWin yet) is totally laughable. Or maybe rather tragic! Good thing I'm a pass-through man, with USB-UIRT as the weapon of choice.