PDA

View Full Version : Viewsonic v110p

stingray333
November 10th, 2004, 12:18 AM
I thought my Viewsonic v110 would be my perfect remote for my home cinema and htpc. Installing and using netremote was no problem, but now I have a different problem I hope someone have the answer to;

To use the htpc as a dvd player, or to show any video on my projector, I need netremote to send signals to another session (profile) on the htpc. That's because the profile my v110 runs on will not accept any second screen (projector) to send the video signals to. Anybody knows how to work around this?

Stingray

Promixis
November 10th, 2004, 12:20 PM
What dvd player?

stingray333
November 11th, 2004, 12:23 AM
The internal dvd-rom in the htpc... Sorry if that could be misunderstood...

Since the airpanel get its own single profile on the htpc, and that profile don't accept any second screens, I need instructions being sent to a different profile on the same pc. I have XP Pro, and having no trouble having multi profiles being active at the same time. So what I ask for is how can I send instructions from one xp profile to another on the same pc? If that can be done, I can play the dvd on the second monitor (projector) on the other profile...

Stingray

Promixis
November 11th, 2004, 06:38 AM
If you are using Zoomplayer you can control it via tcp/ip so it wouldn't be session specific.

stingray333
November 11th, 2004, 09:30 AM
If you are using Zoomplayer you can control it via tcp/ip so it wouldn't be session specific.

Ok, thanks! I'll try that. It's not the perfect solution since it's just for movies and not for e.g slideshows and other stuff I would like to display on the big screen. But I will go for ZP for now, and keep looking for other solutions as well. Will keep you posted...