PDA

View Full Version : Well, how to modify a .ccf to VGA size in Tonto ?

iamjcl
November 15th, 2004, 03:24 PM
As it seems there will be a wait for "native" .ccf files, I was tinkering around in tonto, but couldn't see how to enlarge any of the icons.

I Loaded an original icon, opened in an image app, resized it to vga, and then tried to use "load" to bring the bigger icon back in to tonto. Said "file to large".

What are the "basics" for taking an existing .ccf and just making the buttons / icons / fonts bigger, while the functionality remains unchanged ?

Thanks - I'm new to the whole NetRemote thing, though I had done some .ccfs on my old TSU-1000 years ago.

- Chris

Rob H
November 15th, 2004, 05:00 PM
What format did you save it in? I usually use PNG which has reasonable compression and alpha transparency.

iamjcl
November 15th, 2004, 05:49 PM
I assumed I better leave it in whatever format it was in (.bmp I think in this case). When it said it was too large, I thought pixels, not bytes, so you are probably right. Will Tonto do all formats ?

Rob H
November 15th, 2004, 06:10 PM
It will certainly do BMP, PNG, JPG - not sure about GIF, but they are limited to 256 colours anyway.

I can't remember whether there are any further limitations when you are using a CCF type other than custom.

iamjcl
November 15th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the info - I'll give it a try.

- Chris

2re
November 16th, 2004, 12:28 PM
Chris,

I'm nearly done (Probably tomorrow) with a VGA modification of the MC part of JLee's version 2-0-2. PM me with your e-mail address, and I'll send you a copy..
If I'll have JLee's blessings?

I've also started with JLee's latest version, but it will take a wile before it will be finish.

Jlee
November 16th, 2004, 01:04 PM
If I'll have JLee's blessings?
Of course, help yourself.