PDA

View Full Version : Problem connecting to PPC..

CHA
November 21st, 2004, 08:37 AM
Hi all..!

Just downloaded NetRemote Pro and installed it on my two computers..works great..!

But, I also borrowed a friends HP iPac 5550 with wifi and installed NR on that one also..but no luck here.. :( I get "A connection to the current host cannot be made"
I have the ipac set up right I think, I can surf the internet and so on..but not Net Remote..
Ports and hostname match my main computer..

So..heelp.. :o

Thanks,
CH

danward79
November 21st, 2004, 09:01 AM
Hi,

Like you say chk, that you can surf the net.

Chk that the media center settings are correct on the host pc. then restart media center.

Chk all you media bridge settings match the host pc settings for jrmc.

Then restart the ppc nr. ensure jrmc is started on the host

CHA
November 21st, 2004, 01:12 PM
Hi Dan..!

Thanks for your reply..!

Yes, internet works and all settings match between my iPac and the computer running J River. Restarted a dozen times..still won't work. All firewalls etc. disabled.
Tried different values than 20002..doesn't matter..

My other computer "speak" to J River perfectly, but not the iPac..

Could it be that the iPac 5550 is not supported..?!?

Heeelp.. :wink:

danward79
November 21st, 2004, 01:40 PM
Umm, I hate to say it but have you tried reinstalling NR on both the host and ppc?

Promixis
November 21st, 2004, 01:42 PM
Also,

What OS are you running on the ipac? How old/new is it?

Do you have a network utility on it so you can confirm that you can see the other computers on your network?

CHA
November 21st, 2004, 05:56 PM
Hi Mike..!

I'm running Windows CE 4.2..is that old..? I know nothing about these PPC's.. :wink:
I've checked HP's homepage for updates to firmware and such, but it looks like it's current.

Network utility..? No, don't think so, is that something I can download and try out..?

So, I'm clueless..?!?

I've only borrowed it, but it would be nice to get it working. I do plan on getting a Qtek later.

CHA
November 21st, 2004, 06:12 PM
Forgot..yes, I have re-installed a couple of times.. :(

Mastiff
November 22nd, 2004, 12:35 PM
That thing is actually newer than my (now for sale) Ipaq 5450, so that shouln't be the problem. I believe it's WM2003, or at least PPC2002.

Do you use it on WLAN or in the cradle? Using it in the cradle has given me mixed results. Also you should try to surf to the computer where you have MC running. Open PocketIE and type in the IP address to that computer, in this format:

http://192.168.0.1:20002

(Providing that your MC computer has that IP address, of course.) Report back on what your results on that is.

CHA
November 22nd, 2004, 02:56 PM
Hi Mastiff!

I use it on WLAN.

When I try to surf to the MC-computer, I get "The page you are looking fo cannot be found"

As I wrote earlier, I'm a newbie on PPC's..but I do connect to the internet, so it should be working..

Mastiff
November 23rd, 2004, 04:49 PM
Nope. As long as you can't connect to it with PocketIE it should definitively not work. You need to get it accessible that way first. you need to look through the path, from the PPC to the PC. Firewalls, DNS servers, gateways, the works. That's where the error is.