PDA

View Full Version : Girder, HTPC, USB-UIRT and controlling Digital Satellite

fr0g
December 9th, 2004, 04:23 AM
Hey all,

Finally managed to finish off my HTPC, currently I'm using an Abit DigiDice, a Geforce 4 Ti4600, a Hauppauge PVR USB 2.0, a Sigma Designs Xcard and a USB-UIRT.

All is built, and am currently testing out a nice bit of software specifically for the Xcard called TVedia (www.8dim.com) Its basically a Media Center specifically designed for the Xcard and works really well.

Now, I have everything working as I want it to, but what I'd really like to do is have to the ability for my HTPC rig to change over my Sky Digital channels to the desired ones that I request it to. i.e. I'm browsing through the XML tv Guide, I browse to Sky One, click on Enter to view the channel, it then turns the TV card to channel 6 (channel that sky is tuned into via the TV aerial) and USB-UIRT sends out the ir signal '1 0 6' to my digibox and changes ot to Sky one.

I know this is possible with girder but I'm really having troubles understanding how to do it. COuld someone post a link to an article that might be able to help me, or post a brief set of instructions on how to accomplish this.

Hope I've made myself clear.

Promixis
December 9th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Yes you can do this with Girder. It is very software dependant. I haven't used the XCard. What you need is to have their software tell Girder what channel to change to. Once you get that far, we can get you to tell the uirt to chnage to the right channel.

fr0g
December 10th, 2004, 05:17 AM
Yes, TVEdiar can send out events to Girder, I've added the command to TVEdias options (command is C:\Program Files\Girder\event.exe Channel%d -silent) to send out events to Grider.

Also, under the options for each channel, I have the ability to assign an event number per channel.

Below is a vopy of the manual that describes the events within TVedia, maybe it ,will make more sense than I

"EPG Id is the id for the channel specified in epg.xml. CH Id is the number that user uses to select the given channel from TVedia UI. Tuner is the channel number the capture card tunes to when the given channel is selected. Event is the channel number the event command exe receives when the channel is selected. Country is the country code for the channel, and TV Format is the signal format. Double click the EPG Id to modify the values for the selected channel.

For example, you can sepcify CH Id as 2, Tuner as 998, and Event as 3 to indicate when channel 2 is selected, tuner tunes to Composite input of the capture card, and external receiver tunes to channel 3.

Use the "Channel Event" editbox on options PVR tab can be used to specify a command line to execute when channel is switched. You can use this to call Girder's event.exe, for example, to change a satellite box's channel. "

Now all I need to know is how I get Girder to listen for the events that are sent out by TVedia.

Can someone assist with this?

Promixis
December 10th, 2004, 10:18 AM
If would have your program send the exact channel number to girder.

Download and install the logger pluggin.

Run your tvprogram, have it send the channel events to girder and print the ouput here.