PDA

View Full Version : Loox 600 experiences

bohtho
December 10th, 2004, 03:46 AM
Hi,

I currently have a chance to make a very good(?) deal on a FSC Pocket Loox 600 (133 Euros). It includes peripherals like a wlan CF and a GSM/GPRS CF, and is in mint condition (it's also upgraded to PPC2003).

I understand that there are varying opinions on this pda, especially as a remote control. But as I could not afford to buy another, and didn't originally plan to buy a pda at all, this is a "buy Loox 600 or not?". I already own a radio controlled universal remote (Philips RU885RF) and a smartphone (Siemens SX1).

So:

Does anybody have any experiences with this pda as a remote ?
Does the IR, which is placed on the corner, work with consumer IR equipment ? And does it beam approximately straight ahead ? Distance ?
Does it work well with NetRemote ? Does it work with bluetooth AND wlan ?

Mastiff
December 10th, 2004, 12:38 PM
I've got one. It works perfectly with NetRemote, both as PPC2002 and WM2003 (mine's upgraded now). But the IR is crap (pardon my "french"). Close to useless. Most of my equipment I have to be three feet or so from to be able to use. But the price is very nice, especially with those cards. Perhaps an USB-UIRT would be the thing? I never use direct IR.