PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question on using Hard Buttons

ralphjb
December 27th, 2004, 11:36 AM
I apologize for this question. I have searched and searched but do not seem to find the answer.

My set up is a Dell Axim 30, Netremote and Girder. I have created ccf'swith Tonto and everything is working great. Further, I have managed to program the cursor pad (you know) to control volume, channel change (and with playback programs) fastword and reverse.

I want to be able to use the other hard buttons (e.g., the email button for instance) to create a 30 second fastforward (as I have done with an on screen control), but when I attempt to program the "right" button with Tonto, it does not work on my PPC.

What am I missing?

Am I using the wrong Tonto control button? Is there a definitive document detailing how Tonto handles hard buttons on PPC's?

Thank you for any help.

danward79
December 27th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Assuming you have set your hard buttons in NR, it is just a matter of choosing the right one in tonto to assign a command too.

If it does not work try a different tonto one for example farleft or left.

ralphjb
December 27th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Thank you for your reply.

By setting in NR, I take it you mean with the properties menu. It appears to be active.
Let me ask you, if I use the Hotkey utility and set a hard key as the "right" key, should then that work as I have defined the "right" key functionality within Tonto?

Thanks.

danward79
December 27th, 2004, 01:54 PM
I take it you mean with the properties menu.

Yep

Let me ask you, if I use the Hotkey utility and set a hard key as the "right" key, should then that work as I have defined the "right" key functionality within Tonto?

Works for me.

:wink:

ralphjb
December 27th, 2004, 02:12 PM
Thanks.

Thought I tried that.

But I will give it another try tonight.

Thanks! :o

ralphjb
December 28th, 2004, 11:07 AM
Well that worked. Thank you!

I think when I tried that the first time, I first downloaded the ccf and then programmed the hot keys. This time, I programmed the hotkey and then downloaded the ccf. That seem to make the difference.

Thanks! :)

danward79
December 28th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Good, Have fun!