PDA

View Full Version : Harmony + BTV + USBUIRT???

dreborn
January 10th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Hi there...I want to use my harmony remote to control BTV. Can I just use the btv plugin for girder and then input the commands from my harmony remote (the codes I received from the logitech site)?

Is there a better solution?

Promixis
January 10th, 2005, 08:10 PM
You should have no problem going harmony -> uirt -> girder -> btv

dreborn
January 10th, 2005, 08:32 PM
awesome, thanks. So I should download the btv plugin for girder? There is no harmony girder plugin or anything like that, right?

Promixis
January 10th, 2005, 08:43 PM
yes you will need the girder usb uirt plugin.

i believe there is a predone gml file for btv also for download.

dreborn
January 10th, 2005, 09:06 PM
check and check. So I install the usbuirt plugin and use the BTV gml file. Looking good. Thanks!!

On another note, do you know if there will be any problem for the uirt to receive my ir commands since it is directed slightly towards my cable box (and away from me)? Is IR very strict on line of sight?

Lastly, and I don't know if you know this, but I have an airboard that uses a IR receiver (I believe) do you know if I could use that with girder?

Promixis
January 11th, 2005, 10:39 AM
IR is line of site but if the harmony remote is powerful it will probably be ok.

You can use the airboard to send keystrokes to girder. you cannot use the the airboard receiver to receive commands from other ir devices.

Mitius
April 17th, 2005, 03:47 PM
I am interested in purchasing girder if I can make it work. I have the USB-UIRT, a Harmony 688 remote, BeyondTV 3.5.3 and am trying to get girder to work with it. I downloaded a file snapstream.zip from the BeyondTV site with a snapstream.gml file in it. I followed the directions provided at: http://www.snapstream.com/Community/Articles/girder/ Once I used the learn in Girder to program the buttons ( the harmony remote has been trained to function like the Hauppauge 45 button remote and works great with the IR Remote application) When I tried to use it or the Hauppage remote, I would get multiple inputs or no response at all. BTV menu navigation was not possible as such. Every other input seemed to be ignored and then the inputs that were not ignored seemed to send two command downs or up dependant on button pushed. I suspect I am missing a detail here but not sure what it is. Please advise.

I am trying to get this working as the IRremote.exe application frequently gets confuse, due to having multiple Hauppauge cards installed and requires a system reboot to correct. The UIRT seemed like a resonable fix.

snemanddk
December 17th, 2007, 04:27 PM
http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17829