Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leadtek WinFast PVR 2000

Default Leadtek WinFast PVR 2000

Hello,
    I have a Leadtek WinFast PVR 2000 and I would like to control my PC with the remote. So, I've seen that Girder seems to be the best software for this but there is no plug for this card.
    However, the plug for the WinFast 2000Xp-Expert work with it (it receive signals). Would it be possible to send me the sources of this plug : I could adapt it to the PVR2000

Thank You

Hi
    I have a PVR-2000 card too and I'm very interested in a girder plugin for it.
    Let me know if you make it work or if I can help you testing it.
    Thanks,

I would suggest emailing or pm'ing the plugin author.

Several people have asked for the source (which I have been happy to give out, and which I have finally uploaded to the site - although it will take a little while for it to show up) so that they could port it to the PVR-2000 card - but I have never heard anything back about their success or lack thereof.

I will glad to help in any way I can in developing a plugin, but without the card, I don't really know the similarities and differences vs. TV2000-Expert card.

My suggestion would be to get the RegSpy utility from the DScaler application at sourceforge, it will allow you to monitor various register values of your tuner card while you press keys on your remote control. That is basically how I figured out what the TV2000-expert card did, and how it detected/reported ir codes. In general, there is probably a bit in some register that indicates an ir code has been detected (on the Expert, this bit was tough to find as it was set for such a short time), and then there is a mask of bits in a register(s) which contain the value for the key that was pressed.

A link for the RegSpy tool is at:
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...?group_id=7420

I actually grabbed the source for the tool and played with it to suit my purposes a little, but I believe the vanilla version may provide a good start. My modified version allowed me to look at some different resgisters, etc. and I don't know if I still have that one lying around or not...

Note that this is not the registry spy utility that you will find if you simply search for regspy.

Good luck!
    Brian.

Thank you for the links.
    I will reply if I succeed in developing a plugin for the PVR2000 card.

It seems that the IR on the PVR-2000 is not handle the same as the XP Expert card. Using the regspy and after adding some debug stuff in the XP Expert girder plugin, I notice that the GPIO register MO_GP1_IO is the only GPIO register being updated continuously with "no-sense" 8 bits values even if the remote control is not used. Since all bits can be set without remote control action, there is no way to guess what is the IR event associated bit. May be the IR use other undocumented register(s) or may be the IR is handled using software I2C protocol using this GPIO register.
    A good point is that using the Dscaler driver to access the PCI card and handle the IR does not disturb the WDM driver.
    Any suggestions ?

Here is the LeadTek support answer concerning IR remote control handling :

> 2. This question is more technical and I hope you can
    > forward it to your developpers teams.
    > Although the PVR-2000 software is impressive, the IR
    > remote control usage is limited from my point of view.
    > I would like to use the Winfast PVR-2000 Infrared
    > Remote to control third-party programs or my own
    > developped programs. I have made it possible with your
    > Winfast XP 2000 Expert card, but the way the IR is
    > handled in PVR-2000 seems totally different. Could you
    > provide me more information about the way the IR is
    > handled by the PVR-2000 :
    > 2a) Is the IR handled using a GPIO register on the
    > cx2388x chipset ? if so what is the protocol used to
    > detect key pressed events ?
    >
    > 2b) Can I directly call/use the Winfast PVR-2000
    > driver ( the WFIOCTL service for example) in my
    > software code to get the key pressed event.
    >
    > 2c) Is is legally possible to have some sample of your
    > Winfast software code dealing with the IR events
    > handling ?
    >
    > 2d) Is it possible to control a Windows Media Center
    > 2005 PC using only the PVR-2000 remote control ?

For your question_2, 2a,2b and 2c, we are sorry for your request.

That is company secret, it can not release.

For question_2d, If you want use it with MCE2005 then you must use
    MCE2005's
    remote control kit.

I've the same problem ; I've try to understand or find logic series in the IR "no-sense" codes but I haven't got any results.
    I will continue but it will be hard without explications from Leadtek.

After a little playing with Winfast PVR2000's software, I noticed that the software package has an application (WinFast Wizard) like girder that forwards "messages" from the remote to the rest of the programs (PVR and FM).

So, if you make an application with a window titled "Leadtek WinFastDVD", the WinFast Wizard will forward the "messages" to your window instead. From there you can forward it to a girder plugin I guess; or to some other application.
    (It works for me with BSplayer)

Have fun.

--sadyc

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast