Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MediaBridge 2.0 beta

Default MediaBridge 2.0 beta

I'm happy to announce that we're ready to have you all start playing with MediaBridge 2.0. This is a beta product, so if your setup is 100% stable with the previous release (and you'll be 100% frustrated by any problems encountered with the beta), I recommend waiting until some items are shaken out. We've done some exhaustive internal testing. There are still a few small remaining issues, but we wanted to get this out for you all to start joining in the fun. This version of the MediaBridge runs on port 20003 (by default) so it should be able to be run side by side with the current MediaBridge.

Caching is still required for WMP, WinAmp, and iTunes. However iTunes no longer has to cache on each startup. This is a huge improvement (in my opinion). MediaBridge 2 initially supported non-cached mode, but performance could not be maintained so it was removed.

NetRemote will continue to be able to communicate with MediaBridge 1 and RemoteServer.dll (JRMC), but these products will be phased out as enhancements are made to MediaBridge 2 (including more zone support, updating of tags, performance improvements, etc.)

A few changes worth mentioning
    * JRMC 10 & 11 are now directly controlled by the MediaBridge, not just bootstrapped as before. This means that you will get an accurate count of clients connected and activity indicators.
    * The icon colors in the system tray have changed meaning. No color = Media Bridge running, no clients (same as MB1). Green = 1 or more clients connected (yellow in MB1). Yellow = 1 or more clients having requests actively handled (nonexistent in MB1). A request is something like "give me tree nodes", "give me GAC info", "play a song" and not idle information such as track name, track length, etc.

Supported Media Players
    * JRMC 10
    * JRMC 11
    * iTunes
    * Windows Media Player
    * WinAmp (new!!)

Requirements
    * .NET 1.1 (will be installed if required)
    * MFC71 (will be installed if required)

Enjoy!

At this time, the beta of MediaBridge 2 is complete. I've removed the downloadable version from this thread so as to avoid confusion.

Is this a case of "if you can't say anything nice ..."?

Hi. Is this supposed to work with GAC schemes or is that a furture feature. I tried it with MC11 and it seemed more sluggish for me and wouldn't work with my GAC (I'm using a variation on the Opus ccf) at all si I went back.

It should, yes. Can you tell me the GAC request you're making and I'll investigate?

I don't know how to do that but it should be just the same one in JLee's Opus ccf since I didn't change that (except to change the labels used in his schemes) at all. I guess you should just try his ccf and see if it is working for you.

Ben,

Downloaded it but am debating weather to install or not!
    Thx, Dan

Onwards and Upwards!
    http://www.danward.co.uk

Its largely working very well for me...

Perhaps I will try it tomorrow

I am still sorting out the my new pc, so have a few issues, to get thru!
    Thx, Dan

Onwards and Upwards!
    http://www.danward.co.uk

netremote does not work
    Media Bridge shows the ip adres of the netremote client,
    In netremote there is in the plug-in section a new instance made on port 20003 (-110) but netremote says there is no connection :cry:
    nothing happens
    this is with iTunes

Promona - What NetRemote has done is created a second instance. In the "default" interfaces you can change which host is being used, but I don't believe you have this in your iTunes style ccf.

Either change the port in MB2 to 20002, or remove the -10 plugin instance and do a set id on -110 to set it -10, restart NetRemote and you should be good to go.

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast