Thread: Delphi5 Question \n

This is probably obvious, but I am having a hard time finding any information on it. I am writing a program that interfaces with the TCP/IP input plugin on Girder. All I'm trying to do is be able to send TCP/IP commands with the TClientSocket command. I'm doing okay with making the connections and sending text, but I can't figure out how to send a return. Using the n command doesn't work with a ClientSocket1.Socket.SendText('n') command, I also tried ClientSocket1.Socket.SendKeybd_event(Return,0,0,0) But that doesn't work either. Any help would be great.

Hi,

I don't think delphi uses the n as a
    character return that is something from the
    C/C++ world, use a char(13) or char(10)
    for the enter/linefeed.

Ron

That worked! I used the char(10) command. I'm using this for a control panel to trigger events and because it uses the TCP/IP plugin, it can be used across the network. The code is pretty simple if anyone is interested in using Delphi and the ClientSocket function to send TCP/IP commands to Girder, please post here and I'll post some code.

Sure post it!

Just put it under a nice and descriptive
    topic

Ron

I'll repost in here since the other thread seems to be making posts disapear. This is in reference to the TCP/IP server post.

I'm still having troubles getting the programs to communicate properly, so I tried modifying the TCP/IP action plugin from the SDK. I'm having some troubles there too though, because I've never really worked with dll's before. You wouldn't happen to have a very early version of the plugin without the password implemented would you?

If you would send me the code i
    could give it a quick look.

Ron