Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Common problems with NetRemote - Please check here 1st

As Ben is out of town for a while I'll see if I can find what is going on.
    Ron
    No support through PM

mclarkson - Is this a connection from PPC or Windows to Girder/MediaBridge?

Default PPC/Vista MC: Can connect but not control

Greetings,

I've just installed the control server on my Windows Vista Ultimate system and the PPC client on my Windows Mobile 6 device (connected via WLAN). I also installed it on a desktop PC for testing purposes.

Everything appears to work fine at first - the connection is established, the music library is loaded, I can see all the albums, artists, tracks etc. including album art perfectly. But when I actually try to play a track, the following happens:

• In "Queue" the track is listed but highlighted in red,
    • In the "Main" screen the album art is shown, the track is shown as playing with the played/remaining times updating, but
    • However, nothing actually starts playing at the Media Center. What does happen is that the Media Center screen jumps back to the first album in the library album view. This is the equivalent of pressing the "Music" button on the Media Center remote - i.e. go to the first Music view. And that's it.

This is identical on both the PPC and desktop clients. If I, while the NetRemote clients indicate a track is playing, go to the Media Center system and use the Media Center remote to start playback of another track, that track will obviously start playing but the NetRemote client will still show "their" current track as playing.

Appears that the commands believed to be executed at the client level, but somehow never make it to Media Center.

Any suggestions as to what could be causing this?

thanks

It does sound like some sort of interference with packet traffic...

Two questions:
    (1) Is the PC an Athlon by any chance? Athlons are great, but I've been communicating with one user who had a similar issue controlling JRiver, and I've yet to determine the cause there (he is running on an Athlon).
    (2) Could there be anything (like a firewall or even Vista's built-in firewall) interfering with packet traffic?

Thanks,
    Tim

Also, is it an NForce motherboard chipset? That can cause problems sometimes too.
    --Rob

Quote Originally Posted by tmorten View Post
    It does sound like some sort of interference with packet traffic...

Two questions:
    (1) Is the PC an Athlon by any chance? Athlons are great, but I've been communicating with one user who had a similar issue controlling JRiver, and I've yet to determine the cause there (he is running on an Athlon).
    (2) Could there be anything (like a firewall or even Vista's built-in firewall) interfering with packet traffic?

Thanks,
    Tim
    No, this is an Intel based system (Core2 Quad 6600 on an Intel G33 chipset based motherboard, Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2H).
    I have exceptions defined in the Vista Firewall for the Promixis server so I don't think that is the problem either. I also have no difficulties with any other network applications.

thanks
    /politby

I have exceptions defined in the Vista Firewall for the Promixis server so I don't think that is the problem either. I also have no difficulties with any other network applications.
    I would agree on that. Vista caused several related issues with me as well. (

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12