Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GAC lua object makes your interface design easier

Default GAC lua object makes your interface design easier

Hello folks -
    As you might have read in the build 35 prerelease announcement, we have created a simple to use GAC object that you can easily use from lua and within your NetRemote interfaces.

We've modified the Music interfaces to use the object, but have not done so with Pro as we will be completely changing Pro in the next few weeks. Attached here please find the 800x600 Music interface, as well as a technical document (!) regarding the GAC lua object.

Note that this object allows for making GAC and GAC+ requests just by flipping a flag when creating the object.

GAC+ answers many of your questions regarding whether we can make GAC support more fields and more configuration. GAC+ is not yet complete, but will allow for jumping to specific letters, doing searches, etc. Right now it allows you to request what fields (other than Name) you want to get for the GAC item.

To see GAC+ in action, click below the "Playing Now" and "Library" buttons (right on the point of the arrows). Definitely check out the playing now using GAC, which can jump to the right page of the playing track, as well as highly the current track.

Thanks to rah99 (Rob) for the VariableWatcher.lua code now included with NetRemote. It made a few parts of this spectularly easy.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Ben.

This looks very interesting and easy to follow. It is definitely something I want to play with.

I have a question though. If I have a media path (e.g. as in MP.LibraryTree.Selected) can I use these functions to request its fields?

Thanks

Brian

PS. It would help when you edit a posting (e.g. your 1.0.35 announcement), that you also add a small reply. Otherwise the topic is not flagged as changed and does not e-mail alerts.

I assume that the filling of the GAC+ object is still asynchronous, right ?

if so, can you add a callback function that fires when the resultset is complete ?

I need to create an html page for the embedded web browser with the complete results of the GAC+ command...

Marcel

Hi Marcel - Yes, it's still asynchronous due to the protocol and the way the plugin currently works. I'd like to rectify this in the future, but now is not yet the time.

Adding a callback makes sense. I'll do so right away.

Avid - Sorry about the small post. I usually do that. I'll remember to do so in the future. Regarding getting album info, it's still probably best to use the GAI command (which seems to be working for me here), it's what the gac:GetInformation method uses under the covers. Can you send me a small simple CCF with your attempt so I can see what might be going wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben S
    Regarding getting album info, it's still probably best to use the GAI command (which seems to be working for me here), it's what the gac:GetInformation method uses under the covers. Can you send me a small simple CCF with your attempt so I can see what might be going wrong?
    OK - will do. But it might be a few days, as I have started on a new tack (see PM). So thngs are sorta broken just at the moment, and it will be tricky to break off to create the CCF today.

Brian

I'll do so right away
    great...

now. while you're busy

How about a switch to create a lua table instead of NR variables ?
    that would save a lot of NetRemote.GetVariable calls...

I'm trying to get rid of all screens with <LOOP> constructs and replace them with embedded web browser screens....

Marcel

Quote Originally Posted by mhwlng
    How about a switch to create a lua table instead of NR variables ?
    that would save a lot of NetRemote.GetVariable calls...
    It's in my long term goals, but right now it would simply touch -too- many things, I think.

I did work up a lua object at one point (let me see if I can find it) that you use instead of NetRemote.GetVariable and NetRemote.SetVariable that abstracts that piece from you. It uses meta tables to do the "work".

ok, thanks...

I know I'm pushing my luck here , but any e.t.a. on the 'always on top' frames in templates ?

that, and the GAC+ callback are the only things that I need, to be able to redesign my ccf from scratch (using G4 this time)

Marcel

Quote Originally Posted by mhwlng
    I know I'm pushing my luck here , but any e.t.a. on the 'always on top' frames in templates ?
    Done in code, but commented out because it changes the API for you plugin developers. Let me build a version for you, Brian, and the rest to try first.

Ben, please can you explain a little bit more in user-speak exactly what benefit there will be in using GAC+ as oppose to GAC. It sounds like you've done some fab work yet again but I'm struggling to work out how it is going to make my ccf work better. I think I'm being a bit thick but maybe you could give some more examples. I'm also interested to know if it offers any performance benefits.
    JLee
    OpusNR & JLee CCF/GML available in the downloads section.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast