Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: GAC lua object makes your interface design easier

Hi Ben

Okay I figured out the problem. I had an artist and an album that started with a small letter--artist called "reflex" and album called "iTunes sampler" The letter index would not go past these entries even though they appeared in the list correctly in alphabetic order. I changed these entries to start with capitals and viola it all works perfect now.

Although its fine like this it would be nice if this "lower case" bug could be taken out. Is that possible?

Off to give the beta with iTunes compilations a try

-Dave

Ben, thanks for looking at this. Unfortunately I have some other issues at the moment that will take up my time for many months so I won't have time to go back over it but I do have workarounds that are working perfectly for now.
    JLee
    OpusNR & JLee CCF/GML available in the downloads section.

Okay, please let me know, JLee.

Dave - I'll make the change to convert text to upper case for comparison against the start letter.

Jump to letter is working great; I did notice an error case cause by a name which had garbage characters. Jump to letter failed to work for letters that came after this one in the list, but deleting the offending name and refreshing MediaBridge cleared this up. There might be a way to handle garbage characters more gracefully though .

I've found this as well with one of mine, so I'm working on a fix. Thanks!

A few more minor issues I encountered (which could be user error):

1. After using jump to letter, PageUp and PageDown don't have the expected behavior; instead of going from the current page, they go from the last page seen before the jump.

2. I pasted the slider bar from the new-pro into my CCF, but it didn't work. I'm using a 2x2 album cover matrix (rather than a vertical list like new-pro), and I wasn't sure about the parameters for ScrollPosition... is there anything I need to change to make it work with my layout?

3. Saving new-pro from Designer results in an "Object reference not set to an instance of object" error. I'm able to clear this up by saving it in Tonto and then re-opening it -- after that I'm able to modify in Designer and re-save it with no error. Seems like there's something dangling that Tonto manages to clean up?

That's it for now... minor quirks aside, it's a significant improvement over the old way of doing things. Nice work!

- Tim

Regarding the second point, about the scroll bar not working:

It turns out that this was caused by my LUA file having an OnVariableChange function. Any way that ScrollPosition can be made to work while I have an OnVariableChange to inspect other variables' change values? It seems to me that rah99 did some related work, but I'll need to do some reading to gain a better understanding...

Thanks,
    Tim

Okay, looked at the rah99 examples and got the scroll bar happily coexisting with my other LUA. I note that its presence causes some new issues:

1. After scrolling to a position, the PageUp and PageDown no longer work; I can see them jump to a page, but the scroll position seems to immediately jump everything back to where it was before pressing the button.

2. Similarly, jump to letter no longer works; I can see a page jump, but the scroll position seems to immediately return everything to its previous position in the list.

Update: After restarting NetRemote, the bad behaviors related to PageUp/PageDown and ScrollPosition are all fixed. I must have been in a bad state...

If I figure out how to reproduce that state I'll let you know; in the mean-time, I'd better get some real work done :roll: !

- Tim

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213