Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Girder 4 & Tira

Default Girder 4 & Tira

Hello,

Can anybody tell me step-by-step how to consider Girder 4 with Tira? Also, can I use a .gml file that was created by an older girder? Thanks!

*Most* old GML's will work. The TIRA should work for receiving. I haven't heard about the status of the plugin for sending... Email Slava.

Default Girder 4 & Tira

So, I can't control my satellite receiver with Girder 4? If so, then how to get Girder 3.3 without paying for it, since I have a legal copy of Girder 3.2 that came with Tira?

over a year ago, there was an upgrade path from 3.2 to 3.3 but we no longer offer it. you will have to try g4 and the tira to see if it works. i do not have the device but understand slava is updating his plugin

Default Send IR Commands from Tira in Girder 4

Hi, I have installed Girder 4 and while the tira plugin installs and receives IR from my remotes I can't see anyway of getting it to transmit a IR code.

In Girder 3.3 when you add a command you could choose "Home Electronics Ira/Tira" under the Plugins Tab. Then clicking on settings would bring up a pop-up window where you could their enter the code to be sent (or learn a code) and set things like Frequency, Repeat, etc.

I assume that under girder 4, the idea would be for "Tira" to show up as a top level node in the edit window when "View/Action List", with an action like "send IR command" below it. Then we double clicked a form would show in the high hand panel to provide the details of the IR command to send (and hopefully be able to learn the command you want to send).

Do the "home electonics" people who wrote the 3.3 plugin need to do some work on it to get it to conform to girder 4?

Thanks

yes, the homeelectro people (ie slava) must update their plugin for use with G4.

The guy has had months to come up with something and still nothing? Isn't he kind of shooting himself in the leg by eliminating support for the best program that was compatible with the Tira?
    Is he in a coma or something? Honestly, I'm glad I sold the Tira and bought a UBS-UIRT. I've had such great support from Mr. Rhees that I'll be buying any future IR devices that I need (for myself or my friends) from him.

For what it's worth:
    A Tira send action that has been created in Girder 3.3 works in G4. A (cumbersome) work-around is therefore to create those actions in G3 and import the GML files in G4...

Obviously, a new Tira plugin is badly needed. In fact, this issue has prevented me from buying G4 so far.

Home Electronics have just released a new version of their Tira plugin for Girder 4. It can be found at http://www.home-electro.com/tira_support.php

I have not yet had a chance to try it out, but it certainly looks promising!

Martijn

Just tried to use 1.14b driver for TIRA with 4 b10 pre3 and while it shows up in the plugin list.
    I am allowed to check it
    The Settings button shows usable, but
    Girder says it isn't loaded.
    and if you click the Settings button, nothing happens.

Anyone have any ideas?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast