Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TV Schedule Display using Girder4

Default TV Schedule Display using Girder4

Hi all,

I’ve modified my previous Girder 3 XMLTV display script (post is here) to work with Girder 4. All the user
    interface is handled in a single display (see below) and when you roll over a program, the description of that
    program is shown in the band at the top of the grid. If you click on a program a detailed program description is
    displayed on the right including the creation date for the program, actors, guest stars, writers, and categories.

Plus you can click on any actor, guest star, writer or category to search for additional programs in your XMLTV
    file that contain that person or category. At the bottom of the detailed description is a link to watch the program,
    record it, or search for other airings. If the program is a movie there is also a link for the Internet Movie Database,
    which will bring up a search for that program on their website.

This display is also easier to personalize. You can change the colors and size of the display by going to the
    setting script.

Please note that this script is for Girder 4.X only. It won't work on Girder 3.3.X (see the earlier post for that).

The heavy lifting of searching through the XMLTV file is handled by Curtis Wren’s XMLTV plugin. The display is handled
    through the Lua Internet Explorer display that Mike C. demonstrated and uses java scripting by Nate for the buttons as
    well as an HTML replace innerHTML command provided by Juri (a.k.a. father of monstermagnet).

Requires:
    1) An XMLTV file, (here's a post on that)
    2) Curtis Wren’s XMLTV Plugin for Girder 4, (which is here)
    3) And Girder 4.X

To configure it:
    1) Go to the first script called “Load XML Data” and change “openfilename” to point to your XMLTV file
    2) If you want it to change channels for you or set recordings for you you'll also need to configure
    "Change channel - Script" and "Schedule Recording - Script" but the other features of the grid will work
    even if you don't do this.

That's it.

Enjoy.
    Chris

UPDATE 11/6/05: Latest version of this gml can be found on this post.
    Now includes the ability to save your favorite programs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by VaioUserChris; May 10th, 2006 at 10:07 PM.

2) Curtis Wren’s XMLTV Plugin, (which is included in Girder 4 - it just has to be enabled)

How does one go about enabling this in Girder 4.0 Beta4?

Hi Chris,

Go to the File menu --> select "Settings" --> and then click on "Plugins" under the "Settings Group" on the left.

In the list on the right, go to "XMLTV LUA Plugin" and place a check mark next to it.

Chris

Thanks for converting your scripts so quickly. I'm going to import and test it as soon as I can, but I seem to have had a crazy GML bug that I need to fix immediately. I'll be done by tomorrow hopefully.

Cool. I'd like to see what you think of the new features.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I've downloaded and installed Girder 4 Beta 4 on two separate workstations. When I check the plugins on either workstation, "XMLTV LUA Plugin" is not listed.

Either I'm not seeing things right, or the plugin didn't come with my Beta4 download.

Thanks,
    Chris

search the Girder 4 thread while logged in for XMLTV and the post with the download should pop up.

Sorry about that. I figured that since I had it so did everyone - I guess I still have a copy from the alpha phase. In any case, here is the post to download the xmltv plugin for Girder 4:
    http://www.promixis.com/phpBB2/viewt...ighlight=xmltv

Chris

Thanks, that did the trick.

Chris

I have been working feverishly trying to get this to work without relying on xmltv automate.
    I have finally managed to set up my lineup again and retrieve the XML file, but I am getting errors. I was wondering, do I need to sort the listings by date, etc?
    Does your script automatically remove the programs that have already been aired?
    It would be cool if we could retreive the XMLTV file, sort it, etc from Girder.

Thanks for the help!

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast