Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Bridge - Foobar Plugin

Default Media Bridge - Foobar Plugin

Is there any way to control Foobar with Media Bridge?

If not, is there any plan / how easy would it be to develop such a plugin?

Paul

AFAIK, there is no easy way to control foobar from an external app and get player status.

So how do you go about writing a plugin to control Foobar from media bridge? Foobar is open source, so what is needed from the promixis end?

Background:
    I'm setting up a media player with a mini-itx board and will run it headless with Netremote. Foobar is my prefered player - I have $3000 worth of analogue kit downstream and you really can tell the diferance between Foobar and Winamp !

Anyone in a similar situation who would like to colaborate on an audio only project?

Paul

I'm sure Ben will chip in soon and offer some advice on how to create a Foobar plugin. In the meantime have you tried JRMC? Sound quality is great, functionality is extensive and it's a real power toy in the world of media players. It also has the most comprehensive interface with MB/NR.

I don't want to discourage you from writing a Foorbar plugin though because it's a popular player so it would surely attract new users to NR. I know a few friends who would be interested. They fell out with JRMC, not because of the software but because of some funny goings on on their support forum (nuff said) and they decided to try Foobar as it was the nearest you could get to JRMC at the time.

Good luck - I hope you do it.
    JLee
    OpusNR & JLee CCF/GML available in the downloads section.

i don't believe foobar has a library management system.

Foobar with netremote would be great!!! I like to bulid a small "music only " computer that plays music via foobar.(IMHO foobar's sound quality is better than others incl. JMRC.)

some other solution for foobar:

- foobar pda control (needs foo_controlserver): http://www.rootedbox.com/public/foo_pdacontrol.zip
    http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...foo_pdacontrol

- iTunes (it works with netremote) plugin that makes iTunes play music through Foobar:
    http://www.osx-e.com/downloads/skins/multi_plugin.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C
    i don't believe foobar has a library management system.
    I think foobar has!
    (I'm not a programmer so I dont know what you mean exactly on "library management system")

http://www.foobar2000.org

Could you use that iTunes/foobar integration app to do this? If you (or another developer) want to write a MediaBridge plugin to do this, I'd be happy to send you the API and work with you (or another developer) to get this up and running.

Hey Ben,
    has anyone taken you up on your offer to assist with the development of a plugin?
    It would be great to be able to use foobar2000, i think it would be the ->perfect<- player to use in partnership with netremote.

Quote Originally Posted by theguywiththefunnyhair
    Hey Ben,
    has anyone taken you up on your offer to assist with the development of a plugin?
    It would be great to be able to use foobar2000, i think it would be the ->perfect<- player to use in partnership with netremote.
    No one has done anything AFAIK, If this is something someone wants to take on we would support them in any way we can. We do not have the internal development cycles to do this at the moment.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast