Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Media Bridge - Foobar Plugin

Unforunately I'm devoting my time to other projects right now. If anyone is interested in trying to recomplie it (it will need a few changes due to the change in the interface naming convention) I could try to dig up the source code. Just let me know.

Thanks,
    Brett

I'll give it a go if you can find the sources - I hope it's a VS2005 project or I'll have to recreate it.
    --Rob

erf i haven't done c++ for nearly 10 years, too much java, so i can't be of any help :lol:

but i'm really interested in this plugin, foobar is my prefered player !

Quote Originally Posted by Tijay View Post
    erf i haven't done c++ for nearly 10 years, too much java, so i can't be of any help :lol:

but i'm really interested in this plugin, foobar is my prefered player !
    I am also very interested in such a plugin, I prefer to use to foobar instead of winamp

Default Source

Here is the entire source I dug up. (Dug up is probably a good description, a word of warning it is very messy code ) The MediaBridge portion uses VS2003 (back when the MBPlugin was .Net 1.0 I think) It also uses .Net remoting to talk to the Foobar piece, so this may be an issue for conversion.
    If I remember correctly, about the same time I dropped this project there was one starting up to allow Foobar to be controlled with COM+. Just a thought, but it might be easier to start over if that project is still alive.
    One of the problems with this plugin, as there was no interface to controll Foobar remotely, it required two components, one on Foobar and one one MediaBridge (thus the .Net remoting to comunicate between the two).
    A previous post (I forgot, or neglected to answer, sorry) asked about the port numbers. The ports are required for the remoting communication. (As a side effect, this also allowed for Foobar to run on a separate machine)
    I'll try to answer any questions you have, but the code is over two years old.

Thanks and good luck,
    Brett
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415