Thread: Hulu Desktop control with remote & SendKey

Default Hulu Desktop control with remote & SendKey

I'm fairly new to Girder, and have been using it to automate my home theater PC with an IR remote. I've learned enough to automate certain applications, mapping remote control buttons to virtual key-presses in Girder.

I've applied the same methods that have worked for other apps to Hulu Desktop
    hulu.com/labs/hulu-desktop

I set up a window conditional to make sure the Hulu Desktop window is in the foreground, and then it performs a "SendKey" key press successfully, but the app doesn't recognize it. I'm just trying simple key presses ( <UP> , <DOWN> , <LEFT> , <RIGHT> , <SPACE> , etc... )

Here are the keyboard shortcuts:
    flickr.com/photos/evansfam/3575156662/

Essentially it's a desktop window that runs a flash player inside it. For whatever reason it doesn't seem to recognize the key presses that work for other apps.

If anyone can think of a different way I can approach this, let me know. I know Girder is more powerful than how I'm using it, so any advice/ideas would be welcome. I can provide my GML file later tonight if anyone wants to take a look.

Thank you for your time.

excuse me while I smack my forehead...

I just figured out I could send the keypress to a CHILD window, this (the child window) was a new concept to me. I'm posting in case anyone else searches for help with Hulu Desktop.