Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended Pocket PC's for NetRemote

Default Recommended Pocket PC's for NetRemote

Promixis recommends the Dell Axim x51v for use with NetRemote. This x51v runs Windows Mobile 5, and is available in 3 versions, two of which are perfect for NetRemote.

416 mHz Axim x51 - avoid this version as it does not include built in WiFi.
    Built-in Wifi: No
    Built-in Bluetooth: Yes
    Resolution: 240x320
    MSRP: $299

520 MHz Axim X51 Handheld
    Built-in Wifi: Yes
    Resolution: 240x320
    MSRP: $399

624 MHz Axim X51v Handheld
    Built-in Wifi: Yes
    Resolution: 480x640
    MSRP: $499

-----------------------------------------
    Current offers:

Limited time offer beginning 12/12/05 9:00am CST through 12/16/05 5:59am CST or after 2000 redemptions (whichever occurs first)

ONLINE ONLY: Save 30% off new Dell Axim X51v (before tax, fees and shipping & handling) purchased from the Dell Home Electronics and Accessories site!

Offer may be combined with select other offers. Only one coupon may be applied per cart at checkout. Coupon code expires after first 2000 uses, or earlier if offer is terminated earlier. Offers subject to change. Please verify eligibility in the cart before completing your purchase. (Excluded items receive the following notice "The following coupons have been entered but require additional information or do not meet eligibility requirements".) Eligible items reflect the discount

Coupon Code FR35VKB7BRVR9M

Just purchased X51V -- Port Field in GlobalCache plugin configuration is missing. Any thoughts about how to configure correct port number (4998) for GlobalCache?

Also, when I configured multiple instances of the Girder plugin, the program closes down about 2 seconds after it starts.

I'm using MSFT Windows Mobile Ver. 5.0 OS 5.1.70 (Build 14402.1.1.0). Processor is Intel PXA270.

Thanks!
    -James

Hi James -
    I've posted in your other thread, can I remove these comments from this thread?

Thanks!

Default X51V - GlobalCache Issue

With the recommended X51V model (624 MHZ), the GlobalCache infrared plugin configuration page does not show a PORT field. In my experience, it is unusable with GlobalCache.

-James

This is not a problem with the x51v, but a general NetRemote problem. You'll notice the issue is the same on Windows.

Did you try the workaround posted here?

Bump for new coupon (30% off) through 12/13.

hi...this is exactly the subject matter i am focused on...however, i want to know the least expensive pocket pc that is out their and works for this concept....all i want is the remote control capacity for the house..not a full range pocket pc to be carried around town...so whats the cheapest way to get the hardward for my limited needs thanks

With or without IR?

If not IR and you don't care about builtin wifi (ie a CF wifi card would work) look for an old X5. Otherwise the Dell X3 and X30's have work really well for me and can probably be found on ebay or the likes for less.

don't need IR...have a robust wireless network in the house.....so which one if i don't need IR?

In that case any PPC running 2002 or > should be fine.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast