Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Recommended Pocket PC's for NetRemote

Default ipaq 214 update

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMorph View Post
    I have just bought an HP iPAQ 214 and it is LOADS faster than my Acer 321 (which was getting on a bit and I'd lost the joystick and one of the buttons kept falling off).

I was amazed at how much bigger this PDA is than my n321 as well. I'll be installing and testing Netremote 2 on it this coming week (when I have time) so will post after that. Looks very promising though.
    NeoMorph, how are you getting on with your ipaq 214 and Netremote 2?
    I'm going for the same solution, just ordered a 214. Also, I need to convert my old ccf from 320 x 240 to 640 x 480, can I do this in Netremote Designer?

I love my 214... WAY superior to the Acer N321.

For a start the connection speed to the wireless router is way faster and the increased size of the screen helps a LOT. Initially the touch response was a bit crappy (and others have reported the same) but after a couple of weeks use it seems to settle down and is as responsive as my old Acer now.

You can convert the size of your CCF with ease by opening it in NRD and then clicking on the CCF name and right clicking IIRC. It then lets you resize the form and even asks if you want to resize the controls automatically.
    - John H
    * PROMIXIAN TO THE CORE! * (NetRemote2WholeHomePro + Girder5WholeHomePro + USB-UIRT + Touchscreens + WirelessControlSystems + ANNA) == AutomationHeaven
    - "IthinkI'mgoingtobantheuseofthespacebarinfuture..."

Default ipaq 214 update

Thanks NeoMorph, i'll try that tonight. Have you had trouble with the colours? On mine it looks like the colours are inverted when I load ccfs. For example the BBC1 image in Sky channels (Opus) is blue rather than red.

I've upgraded my 214 to Windows Mobile 6.5.3, it is so much better than WM 6.0.

Are you using an old CCF? Did this CCF work okay on a different PPC? Try loading it into NetRemote Designer and changing the file format to 1.1 rev 1.5.
    --Rob

Colours look fine on my 214...

One thing that I can't get to work though is Windows Update (not anything to do with Promixis btw)... Even if I am connected to the net it fails. How did you update to 6.5.3?
    - John H
    * PROMIXIAN TO THE CORE! * (NetRemote2WholeHomePro + Girder5WholeHomePro + USB-UIRT + Touchscreens + WirelessControlSystems + ANNA) == AutomationHeaven
    - "IthinkI'mgoingtobantheuseofthespacebarinfuture..."

Thanks Rob, I'll try that, it works fine on my old WM 2003 SE device, running Netremote 1.1. It's also good on the PC version.

NeoMorph, they never implemented Windows Update.

For WM6.5.3 visit the ROM centre on BrighthandDOTcom post 139731 for instructions
    I can't post the links

On page 68 dxdy has a link to the files

It's dead easy

I gotta give it up for the HTC HD2/Leo. Fantastic in all ways. NetRemote starts so fast you think you're on a regular PC, and it's rock solid!
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234