Thread: Problem with advanced searching

Default Problem with advanced searching

Hi. I'm having a problem with advanced searching using JRiver Media Center and NetRemote + MediaBridge. (Most recent versions all around.) Here's the problem: I'm using the comment field to store the top chart position a given song ever reached in the format:

Charted At 02 In 1984

I wanted a make a playlist that plays all songs that hit the top three on the charts so I did:

comment="At 01","At 02","At 03" mediatype=audio

when I type this directly into MC11, I get exactly what I want, but when I put it into the search box on NetRemote, at comes up with a lot of extra songs. For example, the song I'm listening to right now has the comment

Charted At 66 In 1992

which shouldn't be included in the list, obviously. Does MediaBridge not pass along the queries exactly as entered? Do I need to add escape characters somewehere?

Thanks.

Interesting. This may be another case of the API being slightly different than the app.

Has anyone else tried complex searching?

I'll take a look in the next few days and see what I can come up with.

This sounds like something more suited to a view scheme or smartlist than a search.

Just create a view scheme in JRMC with the appropriate rule and view the list in the library via NR.

Also - I assume you are using KingSparta's plug in to create these comments. If so you can set it to put the chart position in a custom field of your choice. Just set up a custom field called Chart Pos making it an Integer field rather than string. Then change the settings in Sparta's plugin. Then you can create a rule of 'Chart Pos <4'.

You may need to go back over your existing tracks and back fill the new chart pos field but that's not that big a job if you think it through properly!
    JLee
    OpusNR & JLee CCF/GML available in the downloads section.

Thanks for the workaround suggestion. The reason I was doing it thisway is I have created an "Advanced Search" screen and associated LUA script to build these queries dynamically. I have fields/buttons for artist, album, name, lyrics, decade, genre, chart pos, rating, date imported, tempo, ... so that with a few clicks even my wife can dynamically make a smartlist based on her mood. My concern with just doing a workaround for Chart Pos is that it may not be the only thing that is broken. If it is just a matter of adding some escape charters to build the query correctly, I'd like to know that (though you are right that this is probably a better way to do chart position since it will be more flexible anyway).

This should just pass directly through, but I'll investigate and ask the JR guys if it's working differently than the standard search.