Thread: NR Pro Multi Zone GML Problem

Default NR Pro Multi Zone GML Problem

I'm having problems with NR Pro executing girder commands directed at a second zone. Standard NR music functions (non girder) work fine in both zones.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Does NR Pro support more than one pc address in the girder setup?

You need to create new instances of the Girder plugin and set their IP addresses appropriately
    --Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rah99
    You need to create new instances of the Girder plugin and set their IP addresses appropriately

Sorry, I think my description was poor in this regard. I do have the two intances correctly installed for both pc's but the first instance is the only one that ever works! If I reverse the intance order then the other pc will work in the second zone

It's a bit frustrating as I use girder for the remote volume function.

I'm using Bens Music skin which has the multi zone feature http://www.promixis.com/download.php?ID=732

Is it possible that multi zones only work with mediabridge?

Thank you for your help.

Yes, currently you have to "direct" commands at each instance by using different commands.

We're working on NetRemote 1.5, which takes this "instance changing" feature up a layer into NetRemote, so that all plugins can benefit from it. You would then be able to do what you're thinking easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben S
    Yes, currently you have to "direct" commands at each instance by using different commands.

We're working on NetRemote 1.5, which takes this "instance changing" feature up a layer into NetRemote, so that all plugins can benefit from it. You would then be able to do what you're thinking easily.
    Ben, thanks for the prompt response. Do you have a time frame for NR 1.5?

The reason I ask is to decide if I want to make changes myself or wait for the smarter version.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben S

Sounds tasty.............. :P
    Thx, Dan

Onwards and Upwards!
    http://www.danward.co.uk