Thread: Opus NRv2.0 - add to playlist issue

Default Opus NRv2.0 - add to playlist issue

After some minor problems I finally have my NetRemote running on my IPaq 2490 - Mobile 5.0. Working fine and I'm very pleased with NetRemote, Media Center and Opus.. However, when I select "Add to playlist" from library the song is not added to the actual playlist in Media Center 11. Anyone experienced the same? Same thing happens when I run NetRemote client on my computer. Still running a 3 days old unregistered version.

Here is the debug:
    [2328] MediaBridge: Received command : PLX "ADD" "\Top Hits\Media Library\Audio" "Artist/Album\ABBA\Gold: Greatest Hits" 4 from 192.168.1.3:4295

Regards Arne-Olaf

I expect it's just that MC is not refreshing it's view. To see if this is what's happening try click on playing now in MC and pressing F5 after you've added tracks. They should then show up. It would be nice if Ben could build in a command that would do this automatically. In my GAC panels (in Opus NR this is all the panels in the Playlists tab) I execute a refresh after executing the play command but this requires Girder.

One thing I've also noticed is that JRMC will refresh automatically when you hit next track.
    JLee
    OpusNR & JLee CCF/GML available in the downloads section.

Tried out your suggestions, but still no result. I haven't any registered tiltles in " Recent Playing Now's" either.

Arne-Olaf

Please can you be more specific about the buttons and screens you are actually using in both NR and JRMC.

In the Library panel in NR there is no 'Add to playlist' option. In JRMC do you mean Playlist or 'Playing Now'?

Please give an exact step by step guide to what's happening.

Also after adding tracks does the number of tracks figure in NR's main screen increase?
    JLee

I have enabled the option Use "Add To Playlist" Menu in MediaBridge Plugin. The menu is available when I right click after having choosen a song in the library. In NetRemote client, that is. When I drag'n drop files in Media Center over to the same playlist, it shows. So I presume that the playlists are OK.

Also after adding tracks does the number of tracks figure in NR's main screen increase?
    No, I can see no change in figures.

Regards

Arne-Olaf

I'm not sure what that function does. What playlist are you expecting it to add to?

If you simply want to add to the list of tracks cued up to play you just use the 'Add' function which will add tracks to 'Playing Now' in JRMC.

Just to clarify in JRMC:
    Playing Now = Tracks cued up to play
    Playlist = A selection of tracks you've saved in a list for use as and when required.
    JLee

Well, if you listen to or pick a song and want to save it to your favorites or a spesific playlist. It's like organicing your jukebox from within NetRemote. You can save the song to any playlist in Media Center, in theory that is, since it's not working.

Arne-Olaf

Ok I see. It's not working for me either.
    JLee

Default Re: Opus NRv2.0 - add to playlist issue

Quote Originally Posted by Arne-Olaf
    [2328] MediaBridge: Received command : PLX "ADD" "\Top Hits\Media Library\Audio" "Artist/Album\ABBA\Gold: Greatest Hits" 4 from 192.168.1.3:4295
    There's definitely a bug here. This should look like:

Code:
    PLX "Add" "\Top Hits" "Media Library\Audio\Artist/Album\ABBA\Gold: Greatest Hits" 4
    But it doesn't. We'll investigate.

It would have been a great pro if you could make this option available in "Playing" and/or "Main" in NetRemote. I'm using Opus, but I guess this is common for all skins. Hear someting you like and then bring it straight into your playlists. No need to go to Library. Whish: Support for marking multiple songs from Playing; in case of removal. Example: Bring in a double album by mistake instead of one song, and then mark and remove twenty songs separately
    Another: Page down for faster navigation instead of scrolling in Plylist. Maybe it's possible. May I be excused due to my status as a newbie!? For my spelling as well.

Regards

Arne-Olaf