Thread: Net Remote Music - No WiFi Connection On WM2005/HTC Universa

Default Net Remote Music - No WiFi Connection On WM2005/HTC Universa

Hi

Windows Mobile 2005 devices dont appear to work properly. The one I have is an HTC Universal (marketed as XDA Exec/MDA Pro/Imate JasJar etc).

I have found the following issues:

- **Impossible** to connect to a mediabridge server over wifi. Can connect over ActiveSync connection (USB or bluetooth) but not via wifi. I have my old WM2003 device which connects over wifi no problems using exactly the same infrastructure. Normal web browsing.email/ftp/ssh etc work fine from WM2005 device over wifi. Its definately a Netremote/WM2005/Universal compatibility issue.

Also, is there a way to get an appropriate skin to auto-load when the screen is rotated. 640x480 vs 480x640 ??

Regards

Nigel

'Fraid you're wrong. I run a Blue Angel with WM5, and I have had people trying NR with a Wizard (Qtek 9100), and they work as they should. If you're using server name instead of IP address, my guess is that you have a DNS problem (I have had that as well - the DNS with those PPCs isn't really reliable, so the names do not allways come through correctly). Try to find PocketHosts and add the IP addresses of the server computers. That will probably help.

As for loading the correct skin I doubt it, but it may be possible with Lua coding. Any takers on that one?
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

Hi

I have prob seen you on XDA Dev if you've got WM2005 on yr BA !

Yes, it was DNS. Odd cause my DNS server is a local linux box which knows about all local boxes. Net remote on the BA could resolve the name, but not the universal, and I could see the linux box listed as the DNS server after renewing the lease on the device. I could also pull up a web page on the server with http://htpc no worries. Me thinks DNS not as reliable on 2005 as it was on 2003.

Anyway, its now got an IP address as the default host :-)

Cheers for yr help

Nigel

Nice to be able to help! But you should use PocketHosts and map the addresses, since using hostname instead of IP address is much more tidy. 8)

And yes, you may have seen me there. I'm Mastiff there as well.
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no