Thread: Can anybody help me?

Default Can anybody help me?

Hi everyone I just installed netremote on to my ppc and tryed to program the power button on my satilite remote using the IR Learn Mode. My ppc reconized the incoming IR beam and I turned off IR Learn Mode only to find that when I pressed the button on my ppc that I had just programed it didnt work I have a 2002 HP Jornada 560 series. I also made shure that the right Com was assigned to the IR and I turned up the boost to 95. I'm at a loss. nothing that I do seems to work. If any one has any ideas through a few my way

Thanks.

What brand is that sateellite receiver? Some of those, like Pace, Force and Sagem (if I remember correctly) are close to impossible to do with anything but the original remote.
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

Default Re: Can anybody help me?

Quote Originally Posted by brandvok
    Hi everyone I just installed netremote on to my ppc and tryed to program the power button on my satilite remote using the IR Learn Mode. My ppc reconized the incoming IR beam and I turned off IR Learn Mode only to find that when I pressed the button on my ppc that I had just programed it didnt work I have a 2002 HP Jornada 560 series. I also made shure that the right Com was assigned to the IR and I turned up the boost to 95. I'm at a loss. nothing that I do seems to work. If any one has any ideas through a few my way

Thanks.
    can you try with a different device to see if the ir learn is working with it?

the satilite reciver is a star choice one made by moterola I think that the model number is DSR315. I am using the original remote trying to teach the ppc the power button. The ppc receives the IR code but when I try to use the ppc to turm on and off the reciver nothing happens, the ppc dose make a noise though when I press the button that I have just tought with IR Learn. I have also tryed teaching the ppc how to turn off and on and dim the lights using my lutron remote. Same thing happens the ppc receives the IR code but when I try to use the buttons nothing happens, just the sound. so really guys I dont know what to do. I'm going to try other remots and other equipment but I dont know if it's going to work, witch is a shame because I really like this softweare it seems really user frendly and not as complicated as other programs that I have come across IF I COULD ONLY GET IT TO WORK!!!!! I will post again onec I have tryed other equipment untill then if you guys have any other ideas please let me know, thanks

so I tryed teaching my ppc how to turn on and off my t.v and my sony suround sound decoder and the same thing happend the ppc reconized the RI beam from both remotes but my ppc wouldnt turn any thing on. I dont get it :evil:

I am guessing our IR code doesn't work with your device then.

There's always the possibility to use pass-through to an USB-UIRT instead. That will even control B&O equipment, which is notoriously difficult. The only thing I haven't managed yet is my Barco projector, but that's almost impossible. Only original Prontos and original remotes can do that one.
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no