Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NetRemote 1.5.1.60 Early Beta (Updated 22-Feb-2006)

Default NetRemote 1.5.1.60 Early Beta (Updated 22-Feb-2006)

Hello folks -
    Without further ado, I give you an early beta of NetRemote 1.5. I anticipate somewhat large issues at once, one early access member had problems getting this to run after install, which may or may not be environmental in nature.

PLEASE Remove VariableWatch.lua from your lua directory and any references via 'require' in other lua scripts, as it -is- now incompatible.

This is not a minor tweak of NetRemote, many items internally were changed to support Windows CE.net 4.2 and up, unicode on Windows, animation, and frames which can overlay things such as lists and web browsers.

Thus I strongly suggest that you not run this on a production machine until you've played with it a bit. You can, however, install the included version of MediaBridge on all of your servers, as it will "play nice" with both old and new versions. Additionally, please only try this in it's current state if you are patient and willing to work with us (pleasantly) to resolve issues and add enhancements.

Documentation is included but still being being enhanced to include further description of these new features. We are working on an upgraded standard interface file, the one included has not changed.

FYI: This version will expire in 30 days, but a new beta will be available before then.

You may download it here
    NetRemote Pro Suite.
    NetRemote Pro (PPC Cab).
    Previous version ( 1.5.1.58 )
    NetRemote Pro Suite.
    NetRemote Pro (PPC Cab).

1.5.1.60 - Posted 22-Feb-2006
    1. Fixed - Problem with NetRemote not clearing timers properly when resetting lua, which cause all of the problems trying to save from NRD.
    2. Added - Ability to execute Lua in NetRemote from Girder
    3. Added - NetRemote now handshakes with Girder using a GUID for unique representation within Lua
    4. Added - Lua functions on element:
    Code:
    el = NetRemote.GetElementByName('ELNAME');
    name = el:GetName();
    type,typename = el:GetType();
    children = el:GetChildren();
    5. Added - Checks arounds all Lua objects being passed around to ensure proper types are being passed into functions.
    6. Changed - object returned from NetRemote.SetTimer is now an object, with two methods.
    Code:
    timer = NetRemote.SetTimer(1000,myfunction);
    id = timer:GetID(); --return unique identifier which can be used as a key in a table
    timer:KillTimer();
    7. Changed - Image variables now cache themselves to disk (in the cache directory)
    8. Added - HTTP Server configuration to WebBrowser driver
    9. Added - Support for lhtml files and other features as seen in Girder
    10. Added - Ability to learn and transmit directly to the USB-UIRT from NetRemote on Windows
    11. Added - Pickle now installed by default into lua directory
    12. Fixed - Lua should now be threadsafe, eliminating some potential problems.

1.5.1.58 - Posted 15-Feb-2006
    1. Fixed - Problem with "out of bounds" sliders when min/max reversed
    2. Fixed - Installer will now properly register NetRemote for COM actions (finally!)
    3. Added - The beginnings of the embedded web -server-. This is something Marcel has been requesting for awhile so he can do some really cool design work, and we're starting to put it in. It's not as full featured as the server in G4, and is not yet configurable. It will run on port 15000 by default, and requires a username/password. Please PM if you want it, as I don't want to post it here open for everyone to see until it's configurable. This is also important in that PPC2k2 and 2k3 can't -host-
    COM objects, so this will make it possible to have web pages on PPC that can trigger NetRemote events, etc.
    4. Fixed - MediaBridge bombing on no playing now in MCE (I believe - tested here, but please test on your MCE instance, also).

1.5.1.57 - Posted 14-Feb-2006
    1. Fixed - Timeout of last beta (sorry about that)
    2. Fixed - Calling a function from RegisterVariableWatch would not include handle as 3rd parameter, making it impossible to Unregister it from within the function
    3. Fixed - MediaBridge now passes true,true during JRMC album fetches when using performance option (to include artists with only one album)
    4. Added - handle returned by RegisterVariableWatch now has methods
    Code:
    handle = RegisterVariableWatch('MP.GACStart',myFunction);
    handle:Disable(); --disable the variable watch
    handle:Enable(); --enable the variable watch
    handle:Unregister(); --unregister the variable watch
    5. Fixed - Problem showing GAC+ because of new variable watch code introduced in the last version.
    6. Added - New math routines (math.band, math.bxor, math.bor, math.bshiftl, math.bshiftr) similar to Girder methods.

1.5.1.55 - Posted 05-Feb-2006
    1. Fixed - Direct IR not initializing properly
    2. Fixed - Components will get properly screen rectangle on first create (this was causing a problem where a tree control wouldn't show when on a popup frame)
    3. Fixed - gwes.exe error on Windows Mobile 5
    4. Fixed - SetElementPosition wouldn't update position when elements in question were on a popup frame
    5. Changed - About boxes are no longer full screen
    6. Added - Lua functions to get access to plugins.
    Code:
    girder = NetRemote.GetPlugin('Girder');
    girder_instance = girder:GetInstance('merlin'); --merlin is the name of my Girder instance
    girder_instance:ExecuteAction(1,0,'Do.Something');

-- or, my handy function to get info about current plugins
    function ShowLoadedPluginInfo()
    	msg = '';
    	plugins = NetRemote.GetPlugins();
    	table.foreach(plugins,
    		function(id,plugin)
    			msg = msg .. plugin:GetName()..'('..id..')\n';
    			instances = plugin:GetInstances();
    			table.foreach(instances,
    				function(id,instance)
    					if (instance:IsCurrent()) then
    						bval = ' (Current)';
    					else
    						bval = '';
    					end;
    					msg = msg..'  '..'Instance '..id..'='..instance:GetName()..bval..'\n';
    				end
    			);
    			msg = msg .. '\n';
    		end
    	);
    	NetRemote.MessageBox(msg,'Plugin Information');
    end;
    7. Changed - RegisterVariableWatch now pulled directly into NetRemote (please remove VariableWatch.lua from your lua directory)
    8. Added - Ability to register a plugin for feedback (currently Girder only)
    Code:
    RegisterVariableWatch('My.Test',NetRemote.GetPlugin('Girder'));
    9. Added - JRMC Performance option in JRMC. To use this, set a GAC option before a request.
    Code:
    mygac = new GAC:new{ GroupByAlbum=1 };
    10. Added - Slider variables are now bounds checked. If the slider is 0 to 100, and it's set to -10, it will be shown at the 0 position.
    11. Added - Ablity to get an elements parent (useful for setting position on a frame that has a state by referencing one of it's children.
    Code:
    el = NetRemote.GetElementByName('My.Child');
    if (el ~= nil) then
       el = el:GetParent();
    end;
    12. Fixed - Issue with saving in plugin properties messing up the tree
    13. Fixed - Font issues (please tell me this is the truth this time!)

1.5.1.54 - Posted 30-Jan-2006
    1. Fixed - Hardkeys not triggering actions properly
    2. Fixed - Hardkeys (when working) bombing NetRemote
    3. Fixed - Pronto Characters not appearing properly
    4. Changed - The IP address that NR sends to Girder is now read properly (it could have sent different IP address on each connection)
    5. Added - Radio support to MediaBridge (Must enter name and URL by hand)
    6. Changed - About boxes for plugins no longer fullscreen
    7. Changed - About boxes for NetRemote reworked (should now appear the same on all resolutions of PPCs)
    8. Changed - Progress bar properly setting delimiter to comma for NRD usage.
    9. Fixed - Fonts of size 6 on buttons were displaying wrong.

1.5.1.53 - Posted 09-Jan-2005
    1. Fixed - Properly installs MFC71u.dll (not MFC71.dll)
    2. Changed - Registry root has changed from HKCU\SOFTWARE\NetRemote to HKCU\SOFTWARE\Promixis\NetRemote. NetRemote should move the previous entries to the new one on startup, so this change should be relatively transparent.
    3. Changed - GetElementByName lua method now returns an element object which has methods you can call. You can still call the old methods (SetElementPosition, etc.) For the new one, remove "Element" from the method name and call it with colons (IE: element:SetPosition).
    4. Added - element:GetPosition and element:SetPosition take an optional 3rd parameter (a boolean) for absolute or not. This defaults to false. In absolute mode, you'll get the position on screen. In relative mode, you get the position relative to it's parent element.
    5. Fixed - CCFs without any overlay panels would not properly use the Z-order fix applied with item 3 in the 1.5.1.52 release below.
    6. Added - GetDefaultImagePath and SetDefaultImagePath lua functions, so you can change the default image (for album covers where there is no cover, for instance)
    7. Added - element:GetState and element:SetState lua functions, allowing you to change the state of a button
    8. Added - element:ButtonDown and element:ButtonUp, allowing you to call other buttons actions. Each take an optional boolean (defaults to false) as to whether you want to -show- that the button is down.
    9. Added - Ability for MediaBridge to send info from DVD Profiler (similar to LuaDVDJB) - (Further work is in progress, such as filtering, genres, etc.)
    9. Added - MediaBridge installer allows you to add My Pictures and My Videos to file paths area
    10. Added - MediaBridge installer allows you to setup info required for MediaBridge to surface data from DVD Profiler
    11. Fixed - WebBrowser now shows properly on Windows Mobile 5 (Note that this is the old style browser, where the back button, etc. don't work - work on the new browser is in progress)
    12. Changed - NR About box changed such that it looks proper on all Pocket PCs
    13. Changed - NR will no longer complain if it cannot multicast (such as when you aren't on a network)
    14. Added - MediaBridge will follow links in folders when using file paths
    15. Added - MediaBridge will now generate thumbnails for images
    16. Added - MediaBridge will attempt to use Windows XP thumbnails for other file types
    17. Added - GAC+ now has options for default folder image and default file image. Set these properties on your GAC+ object: FolderImage and BlankFileImage. These default to folder.gif and default.gif respectively.
    18. Changed - Jump back now supports unlimited (limited only by memory) # of "jump backs", instead of just one from before.

1.5.1.52 - Posted 17-Dec-2005
    1. Fixed - Depressed buttons not returning to proper state
    2. Changed - Removed logic causing a potential jump after an IR code, improving performance slightly.
    3. Changed - Base and overlay panel no longer reload if staying on same template (IE: between device page groups or between pages within a page group)
    4. Added - Notification to plugin buttons that use windows to bring their windows to top (requires new SDK for ability, but does not break compatibility).
    5. Changed - Installer no longer bundled with MFC, it will download these files if required.

1.5.1.51 - Posted 14-Dec-2005
    1. Added - Support for animations (either always playing, or a single frame that "animates" once when clicked before executing actions)
    2. Added - Support for template overlays
    3. Added - Popup frames or frames that are "offscreen" that do not have transparent or semitransparent backgrounds can now be "on top" of actual components like the MJB List, Web Browser, etc.
    4. Added - MediaBridge now has a "keep alive" sent between host and client, removing the need for ping and fixing potential issues where the client never shows as disconnected from MediaBridge.
    5. Added - Girder now supported as IR passthrough
    6. Changed - NetRemote is now Unicode on Windows as well as PPC.
    7. Changed - MediaBridge now sends information to NetRemote as unicode, allowing special characters
    8. Added - Support for multiple instances of NetRemote running (pass instance number on command line)
    9. Added - Support for profiles (pass profile name on command line)
    10. Added - Ability to pass ccf filename on command line
    11. Added - Ability to set NR position via x,y on command line
    12. Added - Ability to pass a lua file on command line to execute on startup (for config properties, etc.)
    13. Changed - Plugins close asynchronously now, allowing NetRemote to close almost instantly
    14. Changed - Plugins no longer individually responsible for supporting multiple instances, NetRemote will do this
    15. Changed - A plugin instance with the same ID as the plugin is no longer required. In fact, it would be preferred to -not- have this, so that each instance can be addressed differently.
    16. Changed - All plugins now show more information in plugin tree (not just ID)
    17. Changed - Generic plugin now hosts GIP, the "Generic IP" system used in Girder (and now NetRemote).
    18. Fixed - Many threading issues now fixed (potential crashes on NR exit resolved)
    19. Added - New documentation (Windows)
    20. Added - Lua Method "CreateInstance" to open a new instance of NetRemote
    21. Added - Lua Method "NextPluginInstance" to switch to next instance of a plugin
    22. Added - Lua Method "PreviousPluginInstance" to switch to previous instance of a plugin
    23. Added - Lua Method "SetPluginInstance" to switch to a specific instance of a plugin
    24. Added - Lua Method "GetWindowPosition"
    25. Added - Lua Method "SetWindowPosition"
    26. Added - Lua Method "GetWindowSize"
    27. Added - Lua Method "ShowElement"
    28. Added - Lua Method "HideElement"
    29. Fixed - Issues with too many tmp files being created and potentially not cleaned up
    30. Added - Support for native Windows CE.net 4.2 (available as separate install)
    31. Changed - Revamped zone system for MediaBridge. Using the new system, you no longer have to select host and then zone, you can just set zones and NetRemote will know to change host if required.
    32. Added - Support for font sizes down to 6 point and up to 144 point
    33. Changed - Element positions are now handled internally as relative, not absolute (which changes the SetElementPosition lua function)
    34. Added - "Set Library Root" action to MediaBridge
    35. Changed - NetRemote now gets the library root from MediaBridge (not hardcoded in NetRemote)
    36. Fixed - Double clicking on a node when nodes loading no longer will break MediaBridge
    37. Added - Ability to get a plugin instance by name from lua
    38. Fixed - Removing instances of Girder plugins potentially bombing NetRemote
    39. Added - Support for file paths in MediaBridge
    40. Changed - In fullscreen mode, black matting now handled by window, not by NetRemote's rendering (performance increase)
    41. Fixed - In fullscreen mode, toplevel offscreen frames not clipped properly
    42. Changed - Web browser "Set content method" now takes parameter as to whether you want to content to be decoded or not (Allowing for NetRemote variables)
    43. Changed - Text edit box now changes the value of the linked variable if you hit enter
    44. Added - Vertical text alignment modes
    45. Added - Properly using text wrap flag

I have been looking forward to this. Nice job!
    Will the mediabridge plugins still work without any changes?

Ben,

It won't start for me!

I get this...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thx, Dan

Onwards and Upwards!
    http://www.danward.co.uk

pgpg - Yes, as long as your plugin is of the caching variety, you shouldn't have to change anything (but let me know if you have trouble).

Dan - Did you do an "upgrade" of an existing installation? Do you have any plugins other than the ones installed with NR? Try moving all of the plugins but NRBasic and see if it starts.

Dan : if you use any of my plugins, then you need new versions...

Marcel

Ah, Thanks

Are they on your site yet?
    Thx, Dan

Onwards and Upwards!

Is that both your utils and Zoomplayer?
    Thx, Dan

Onwards and Upwards!

Impressive this has to be the biggest change list for one single version ever!

I love the new functionality to find zones without having to set the host! Gonna play with that on the PPC version tonight.

One question, though:

34. Added - "Set Library Root" action to MediaBridge
    Is this part of the much anticipated (by me, at least....) browse My computer function, or just so you don't have to set it on the clients? And is the My computer browsing coming soon? :wink:
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

Are they on your site yet?
    working on it...

I was supposed to be doing some actual work for my boss this week :evil:

Brian did the zoomplayer driver, not me and the updated versionsis already included in this NR release

Marcel

Everytime I load a new ccf NR closes down and I have to restart it.
    Thx, Dan

Onwards and Upwards!

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast