Thread: MceIrRec / MCEPlugIn problem

Default MceIrRec / MCEPlugIn problem

Hi,
    I am using BurningZeRoad's brillient IR Blaster solution to the M$ MCE remote. It works perfect with Girder and my Surround amplifier but for my TV I have a strange behavior.

It seems that every command I record only works once. Then I have to press a button on the original TV remote in order to make it work once more!!?! I imagine that the MceIrRec stops recording to early which results in a missing end tag or something which forces my TV to ignorre any command until it recives such end tag.... This is all just theroy but it seems logical...

If someone expirienced the same problem and found a solution, I will be very happy to learn...

Best regards
    /Aero

Sounds like you have a really nice TV with debounce capability. Your TV remote will send out two different signals alternating between the signals everytime that you press the button. When you learn the remote code to a learnable remote/device it only learns one of the signals. So once you've pressed the button your TV is waiting for the alternate ir signal but it only knows one, but once you press another button on the TV the tv is expecting either of the two ir signals.

XP MCE remote has the same capability

Quote Originally Posted by pantz
    Your TV remote will send out two different signals alternating between the signals everytime that you press the button.
    Thank you very much for replying. You are right - thats the problem
    Now I am able to solve it by recording two sets of the "exit" button (since that button does almost nothing on the TV). After I send the "Input" change command, I send the two recorded "Exit" commands and then the TV is ready to recieve another "Input" change command.

Yuo put me on the right track - thanks....!

Cheers
    /Aero