Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Serial plug-in for Denon receivers

Dieter,

thanks anyhow, Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rah99 View Post
    Try this one (note that it requires the init.lua in the zip file unless you are running the latest version of Girder 4.0.6).

I'm afraid that this version doesn't have a GML, but you should be able to modify the one that you already have from FearTheDentist.

This has currently only been tested with the 2805 - if you have another model then edit the Initialize method on line 224 and change the '2805' to suit your own model. In theory it will adjust the zones to suit.

Let me know if you have any problems with it.
    looking through this, I can't figure out where I can get the variables to send to NetRemote. Maybe in the Notify() function?

Well, the Denon serial device already sends a series of Denon.Receiver.* events so you could set up an event handler for those in a bit of Lua e.g.

Code:
    myHandler = gir.AddEventHandler('Denon%.Receiver%..*', 10030, 10030,  myfunc)
    where myfunc would be something like

Code:
    function myfunc(eventstring, device, modifier, payloads)
        NetRemote.SetVariable(eventstring, payloads[1] or '')
    end
    Something more complicated may be needed in the function, but that's the sort of idea
    --Rob

Here are the serial commands for the Denon 3806:

http://www.usa.denon.com/AVR-3806Ser...l_Ver(4.5).pdf

Can any one create a gml?

Rob

I tried to create a GML that recieves the events and sends them to NR, but it doesn't work; it will constantly lock up my system with the only solution being to 'reset lua scripting engine'. Currently I am using the original GML file with code to send variables to NR in the luascript file. It seems to work well, but I only have control over the main zone, and I cannot set the channel levels.

That's not good Tom, I can't see any reason for my Denon plugin locking up Girder. What Girder version is this?
    --Rob

Tried again last night, I should have been a little more careful with my words... Girder doesn't lock up. What happens is - nothing. An event will be generated but no variables are updated in NR. I have an update NR variable action tied to a specific DenonAVR event (such as Volume and source selection). It seems that whenever a source is selected, the channel volumes are verified, and when this happens NR stops getting updates. It seems as though NR/Girder get overwhelmed with the responses from the receiver (running on an Athlon 3800 with 2GB RAM). The only solution to this is to reset lua.

As I have mentioned, this was all done in the GML. I have not tried to set up a 'Receive Response' function in lua yet since setting the NR variables in directly in the lua script seems to be working just fine for me.

If I knew the syntax of how to set other zones and channel levels, I could complete the GML and upload it

What version of Girder is this?

My machine is a slightly lower spec than yours and manages to keep pace quite happily.
    --Rob

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213