Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: x10 and bright and dim

Default x10 and bright and dim

I got all the x10 stuff going but I noticed that the dim and bright increments are very small. If you want to dim to about 30 % you have to hit the dim a ton of times. The step doesnt impact this too much. Is there a way to increase the step even more?

Rob

Strange. I have set dims from 25 to 100 %, and they always seems to do what they should do.
    Tor - managing director of the Cinema Inferno home theater and multi-zone sound system with Girder running the show in the back, NetRemote as the GUI and Media Center 17, PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer as playback software
    Hobsyssel mastiffs: http://www.hobsyssel.no

Default Re: x10 and bright and dim

Quote Originally Posted by PiDD
    I got all the x10 stuff going but I noticed that the dim and bright increments are very small. If you want to dim to about 30 % you have to hit the dim a ton of times. The step doesnt impact this too much. Is there a way to increase the step even more?

Rob
    What x10 switches and what powerline interface are you using?

Are you using the level command or using the dim command? I dont have switches that allow me to use the level command.

When I use the dim command and set the step to 16 (I assume thats the biggiest amount of change) the light barley dims. It was fine wilth 3.3?

any ideas where I can look to fix it?

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by PiDD
    Are you using the level command or using the dim command? I dont have switches that allow me to use the level command.

When I use the dim command and set the step to 16 (I assume thats the biggiest amount of change) the light barley dims. It was fine wilth 3.3?

any ideas where I can look to fix it?

Rob
    need to know what x10 switches.

Mike,

I am using a Leviton 6343 as described here http://www.smarthome.com/2203wi.html

I am using the HD11A controller.

I beleive that this switch has 'micro' dims. Which means it takes 64 or so dims to set the level.

It also supports extended x10 for directly setting dim levels. I am not sure how this is done though.

Mike,
    With 64 levels of dim and girder with 16 is there a way to dim the lights with more effect? What type of switch do you recommend me choosing in Girder to get the direct level dimming to work?

Thanks Mike
    Rob

My preference is the SmartHome SwitchLincs.

You can send more dims then 16 but its really too slow to work well and reliably.

Where are you located?

I am located in Canada .. Winnipeg.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast