Thread: Request: OSD GUI

Default Request: OSD GUI

Whats the chances of creating a GUI (Via Treescript) for accessing the advanced features of the OSD? I am unfortunately Lua impaired and pulling my hair out trying to get a simple OSD to do what I want. In Girder 3 I used the XP OSD plugin but the author is not going to be upgrading it anymore.

I'm sure I am not the only one wanting this feature as it could make life alot easier.

-Bob

Bob,

We don't have any plans of doing this in the near future

There are just so many options that it would hard to keep everyone happy.

i'm sure if you tell us what you want and what problems you are having we can help you out though

Thank you for the response! I think most of my problems lie with my frustration in learning Lua. I have some programming experience, mostly in VBA, but have not done any in quite a few years and realize how far behind my skills have become. Back to the OSD...

What I would like to do is simple. Create a transparent background OSD that uses has some sort of anti-aliasing/font smoothing as all the displays I have created look terrible on my TV (jagged and blurry ,flickering or not really transparent.). I display various Remote key groups over Zoom Player that changes the functions of the arrow keys on my remote during movies (ie, Aspect Ratio, Size, Position, etc.). I have been able to get a display just one that looks bad.

XP OSD did a good job of creating this. With very little effort.

Thank you for your help!

-Bob