Thread: Important feature request! IGNORE EVENT/WATCH FOR EVENT

Default Important feature request! IGNORE EVENT/WATCH FOR EVENT

I know you guys have a lot on the agenda, but I really really need this, and I think that others could use it too for certain applications, mostly complicated ones involving security devices.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to deal with this problem that I am having with my W800. It would be great to have this feature so that I won't have to create a needlessly complex GML that may or may not work.

Everytime I open a certain door I get the signal multiple times, so I have set the anti repeat to 1 second. So far so good. When I close the door I get the door closed signal twice, and then a door open signal. Since the door open signal is a seperate and unique signal and the door has been open for more than 1 second, the anti-repeat has no effect.

My proposal: I'd really like to have an action "Ignore Event" that is like "Disable Plugin", but for a specific event. Also it should have a parameter "Start watching again in XXXX" so that it could be easily re-enabled after a certain amout of time without having to mess around with timers. Obviously there would have to be a "Watch for Event" to do the opposite manually without the built in timer.

You might be wondering how else this could be used outside of my door sensor situation. Off the top of my head, I can only think of security applications, but one example would be if you had a motion sensor outside on your balcony and a door sensor on the door, you could have the motion sensor deactivated in the event that someone goes out on the balcony for a smoke or something, and then reactivated on the second door sensor activation or after X minutes. This way the motion sensor is only activated from one approach.

Thanks for listening.

there is something wrong with your sensor....what ones are you using?

I'm using DS10a sensors.

mine do not do that.

I get alert and normal events only. sounds like you have them installed funny

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C
    mine do not do that.

Installed funny? Hmmm... well, I think it would be pretty difficult to screw up an install on these.

Do you have the (so-called) alarm system that uses them? I'm using the console as a tranceiver until I start using Insteon or get a CM15. I think that maybe the console could be sending them signals so that they report their state or something. In any case, I have 3 extra DS10a units, and it seems to happen with all of them. They do seem to work when I get them on certain numbers, though. It's just going to be a PIA when I have to try to get the right codes everytime I change the batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by quixote
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C
    mine do not do that.

Installed funny? Hmmm... well, I think it would be pretty difficult to screw up an install on these.

Do you have the (so-called) alarm system that uses them? I'm using the console as a tranceiver until I start using Insteon or get a CM15. I think that maybe the console could be sending them signals so that they report their state or something. In any case, I have 3 extra DS10a units, and it seems to happen with all of them. They do seem to work when I get them on certain numbers, though. It's just going to be a PIA when I have to try to get the right codes everytime I change the batteries.
    if you are getting close/open events it makes me think the magnet is passing the sensor as the door closes instead of staying in contact.

Trust me, the magnets are aligned. I reinstalled that one twice, and even had to cut away a piece of the doorframe to be certain. I've also made my own magnet brackets by cutting acryllic with a laser engraver and using extra powerful magnets. That did not work either. The only solution I can find is using certain codes on the sensors.

I guess it could also have something to do with this:
    http://www.promixis.com/phpBB2/viewt...ght=serial+usb