Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: 4.0.3a crashing:access violation. [caused by TIRA PLUGIN]

thank you for all support, I am sorry it took so ong time to pinpoint it, I cannot imgine why this happens at X10 commands.. but it does.
    It took some time to learn the nature of this bug, and learn how to expect it to crash.

Please remember that I really mean it..
    I think we all are better off without TIRA support at all, than something unreliable, that "you never know" will work at next Girder build..

You'll notice that I took down all references to the TIRA on the Girder product page until this issue is fully resolved, I fully understand this is hurting Girder and I would like this resolved asap too. Slava suggested this is caused by a compiler bug ( he is using a borland compiler ).

Not sure if that is it, since I am using Delphi for some of the plugins, which appartently uses the same back-end-compiler. But what do I know.
    Ron
    No support through PM

programming assembly, I cannot understand how a DLL , with some entry points, can possibly manage to work correctly with girder 4.0.2 but not 4.0.3 .

I took a lot of care using WINAPI calling convention to make sure that Girder dlls are accessible to all non-managed programing languages. So I am very surprised at this too.
    Ron
    No support through PM

seems to run stable now (I say "seems" only because the computer have now the most unreliable, DLL ever)

It crashed on X10 events, maybe it now crashes on something else..

I would not trust this guy with Commodore64's Basic - as I think that's far too advanced for him.

the only reasonable explanation I can think of is extremly messy programming, and some poor attempts to read directly from RAM of other processes.

Thank you Ron, I still hope you can make him give up the source (thought I am not sure whatever somebody *else* than him can understand the mess it have to be.)
    I still think banning is the right way to go.
    -or at least a big, fat warning in program, or on this site, against that bad product.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011