Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: xAP Support

Default xAP Support

Guys,

I've prepared a plugin that hooks Girder into the xAP universe. Currently the backend has been written, we can receive and send messages. I have begun work on the parsing side of things and at the moment we have a first implementation of the xAP BSC 'event' and 'info' events. These are directly translated to Girder Events. We will expand this as needed. Support for your favourite device is easily added. Let me know if there is any interest for this.

For the un-initiated xAP is described more here:

http://www.xapautomation.org/

edit: Note if you want to run multi xap application on one computer you must run a separate xap-hub. (As per xAP spec)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ron
    No support through PM

I've enabled the plugin

I'm trying to connect via UDP to port 3639 on the girder machine , but that doesn't work ?

Marcel

This is going to be a great addition to the Girder suite. I have installed the plug-in as well and will experiment more when I get home this evening. Below is what I have noticed so far.

I am using the HubGUI from http://www.xapframework.net/, to view active connections and the messages on the xAP network. When the xAP plugin loads I see the following error messages within HubGUI.

Code:
    Error Message: Invalid name/value pairing. The length of the UID value is incorrect
    Message Line#: 5 - uid=FF4300
    Received From: 10.50.0.6:4815

xap-hbeat
    {
    v=12
    hop=1
    uid=FF4300
    class=xap-hbeat.alive
    source=promixis.girder
    interval=60
    port=3640
    }

The error that was generated is as follows:
    Problem reading xAP message.

Source: xAPMessage
    Problem reading xAP message.
    Invalid name/value pairing
    The length of the UID value is incorrect.

KCS.xAP.Framework.xAPMessageReaderException: Problem reading xAP message. ---> KCS.xAP.Framework.xAPInvalidMessageException: Invalid name/value pairing
    The length of the UID value is incorrect
       at KCS.xAP.Framework.Message.xAPMessageReader.ReadHeaderPair(xAPMessage message, String line)
       at KCS.xAP.Framework.Message.xAPMessageReader.ReadMessage()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at KCS.xAP.Framework.Message.xAPMessageReader.ReadMessage()
       at KCS.xAP.Framework.Transport.xAPListener.OnReceive(IAsyncResult ar)
    In the xap.lua file, if I change the line
    Code:
    xApGirderDev = xap.NewDevice('promixis.girder','promixis.girder','FF4300')
    to
    Code:
    xApGirderDev = xap.NewDevice('promixis.girder','promixis.girder.testpc','FF430000')
    it likes the heartbeat, however an immediate hbeat.stop message is then sent, disconnecting the device from the hub.

Thanks I'll investigate that one. I was using Patrick's hub, and that one worked for me.
    Ron
    No support through PM

This one fixes the disconnect. (removed, included in the file above).
    Ron
    No support through PM

Yup, that got it. I am going to play with this some more in the next few days.

Will the plugin support other type of shemas, ie audio.transport, in it's current state?

Rick

In it's current state the only schemas that it will do anything with are the BSC info and event. The others are ignored. If you need something ASAP you can have a look at the function HandleBSCEvent. Mimic it's behaviour if needed. Don't forget to 'register' you own function too with

Code:
    xap.RegisterListener(HandleBSCEvent)
    where you replace handlebscevent with your own function, which does not need to be inside that lua file. in fact it's best not to since we will be changing that file.
    Ron
    No support through PM

I've redone my girder com server based unread (voice)mail counter to now use xAP to send it's data to girder and it works ok...

it's a simple vb 6 app that gets the unread mail count/voicemail messages from outlook and uses this ocx to send the data to the girder xAP plugin :
    http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=...ownload&cid=21

(I have installed HubGUI from here http://www.xapframework.net/modules....showpage&pid=8 on both pc's)

note that you still need to make the modification to xap.lua that harleydude mentions, otherwise it doesn't work.

and the girder packet parser adds an extra empty body record (see picture)

alternatively, this outlook plugin also works :
    http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=...ownload&cid=17

but it sends the individual newly arrived mail messages, not the unread mail count, which is what I needed...

Marcel
    Attached Images Attached Images

I though I had uploaded a new lua file, let me fix the top download...
    Ron
    No support through PM

I've seen that extra bracket, I was using tools from Patrick Lidstone to generate xap messages and when I used his send tool his own receive tool also saw this faulty data. So I assumed that his send tool was broken. I'll look at the code...

http://patrick.lidstone.net/haweb/ha/
    Ron
    No support through PM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast