Thread: Anyone familiar with Compose PLC from lightolier controls?

Default Anyone familiar with Compose PLC from lightolier controls?

I'm considering using the Compose PLC lighting control system from lightolier controls. Has anyone tried to interface this lighting control with Girder through RS-232 and does it work?
    Thanks

Default Re: Anyone familiar with Compose PLC from lightolier control

Quote Originally Posted by jt76
    I'm considering using the Compose PLC lighting control system from lightolier controls. Has anyone tried to interface this lighting control with Girder through RS-232 and does it work?
    Thanks
    AFAIK, no one has done it. I have looked at the serial protocol and its relatively straight forward so I see no problems.

Are you somewhere that you cannot use Insteon?

Default Re: Anyone familiar with Compose PLC from lightolier control

Quote Originally Posted by jt76
    Thanks
    I have a fairly large Compose setup - 3 firewalls and about 55 switches. I use Home Control Assistant and a Marrick Lynx-10 to run it all. I considered using the RS232 comm features of the firewalls, until I found out the price of the optional board ... about $1200, if I remember correctly.

So far, I don't have Girder doing any lighting work, but when I do, I'll probably just have it send commands to HCA.

Maybe you can help me. I bought a house that has 4 Compose controller boxes. I have external lights turning on during the day and going off at night. I need to re-program this. I looked at some instructions someone posted that talks about a PC connection and an HCA interface to program scenes. This sounds like what I need to do. However, when I connect my laptop to a computer cable that is already hooked into one of the boxes, nothing shows up on my laptop. How can I get into the Compose software? Can you give me any tips on to how to access the menus to revise the scenes and take control of my lights?