Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Girder 4.0.4 Pre X

Default Girder 4.0.4 Pre X

Guys,

Some of you might have noticed that sometimes on startup Girder would lock up. After investigating I found the cause of that. Fixing this touched a lot of UI code, I have been testing quite a bit but I might have missed things, so please let me know if this release does something funny somewhere.

Also this includes the new webserver, the new scheduler, the Xap plugin and an updated timer object. The new webserver has some updated HTML pages included but these won't be displayed or installed by default if the <girder>\httpd plugin exists before the install. So delete that directory before install if you want to see the new pages.

OnDeviceChange now generates some more events if Girder can determine what cause the OnDeviceChange Message.

http://www.promixis.com/girderplugins/girder4-0-4.exe (pre 4)

The manual is being updated to sync up with this release.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Ron,

this version doesn't contain:
    * odbc.dll
    * the latest netremote.lua (0.24)
    * the latest irtrans.dll

Marcel

Have to say I prefered the old tray icon!
    Thx, Dan

Onwards and Upwards!
    http://www.danward.co.uk

My Timers are not working.

Code:
    AutoLog = function &#40;self&#41;
    	TempLogging.AutoLogObj = gir.CreateTimer&#40;function &#40;&#41; self&#58;StartThreadToLog&#40;&#41; end, function &#40;&#41; self&#58;StartThreadToLog&#40;&#41; end, "", 1&#41;;
    	TempLogging.AutoLogObj&#58;Arm &#40;900000&#41;-- 15 mins
    end;
    ...ixis\Girder\luascript\1-Wire Temperature Logging.lua:25: bad argument #1 to `CreateTimer' (string expected, got function)
    It does not like to have function calls anymore? Is that right?
    Thx, Dan

Onwards and Upwards!

Quote Originally Posted by danward79
    yes i can see my self for ever looking for the g on the tray and not being able to find it. i tihnk a g is much more representative of girder than quarter of a cog

Quote Originally Posted by birty
    yes i can see my self for ever looking for the g on the tray and not being able to find it. i tihnk a g is much more representative of girder than quarter of a cog
    Is that what it is! I thought it was a brown bird about to fall off my monitor.
    Thx, Dan

Onwards and Upwards!

i did some digging and found that it comes from a new girder icon in the about box

Quote Originally Posted by birty
    Is that what it is! I thought it was a brown bird about to fall off my monitor.
    :lol:

also i think the active and incative icons are the wrong way round, when girder is disabled the icon is yellow and when girder is enabled the icon is grey. If you enable tray flashing on events then the first time it flashes it returns to yellow

I went back to 4.03B.... the timer issues that Dan mentioned above were killing me (voice recognition-disabling timers were not firing, causing all sorts of inappropriate events)... was getting GIP errors in the console (I don't think I've got any GIP stuff active), etc.

Ron, I submitted a bug report via email last nite that you asked about... It was the first time I'd run the pre-release, and the error occurred the first time a timer with a callback fired (was supposed to disable several nodes).

I went back to 4.03B because I don't know if I'll have time to troubleshoot the pre-release today.

And I don't like the new icon either. :wink:

Terry

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast