Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758

Thread: Insteon Plugin Beta

Quote Originally Posted by quixote View Post
    Mike?!

Welcome back!!!
    Hi... get a plm quick

Hi,

I'm looking at buying some Insteon devices and I'm wondering which controller to get - 2414U(USB), 2414S(Serial) or 2412S(Serial/PLM)? I would prefer to continue to run Windows 2003 Server so I believe that eliminates 2414U as it states in it's brochure that it doens't support that OS.

I see there is also a new 2412N Network controller but would Girder/Insteon Plug-in support it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yano View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking at buying some Insteon devices and I'm wondering which controller to get - 2414U(USB), 2414S(Serial) or 2412S(Serial/PLM)? I would prefer to continue to run Windows 2003 Server so I believe that eliminates 2414U as it states in it's brochure that it doens't support that OS.

I see there is also a new 2412N Network controller but would Girder/Insteon Plug-in support it?

Thanks
    Others may have better knowledge but I know that the PLM controller is not supported by the Insteon plugin. If you look in the Girder 5 forum you will find a thread on a PLM component by Mike C. It promises to work better than the PLC but, after playing with it for a while, I would say that it's currently in an alpha state and you should be a power user type of person and be prepared to spend a lot of time to make it work.

I would doubt that the Insteon plugin supports the Network controller and would suspect that it never will.

Note also that Mike C. (who also did the Insteon PLC plugin) has stated that he is no longer directly associated with Promixis and that he has no plans to charge for the PLM component. There IS a significant charge for the PLC plugin and my GUESS is that there will be no further development of it.
    Last edited by jmonier; July 15th, 2008 at 04:19 PM.

Default Insteon Plugin Updates?

Promixis,

Is the Insteon Plugin going to be getting any additional development time? Is it going to support the PLM, or any of the new devices that have been coming out? (IOLinks for example).

I realize that there is a user developed plugin created for the PLM, (which I am currently using) but I purchased the Insteon Plugin and am wondering where it sits in your development radar.

Due to the significant hardware issues with the PLC we will no longer develop this plugin.
    Ron
    No support through PM

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758