Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creative X-Fi Remote control (RM-1800)

Default Creative X-Fi Remote control (RM-1800)

I'm trying to get my remote control to work, but it won't. The problem is the needed plugin I think, since the UIR/IRA/IRman/CTInfra/Hollywood+ plugin can't be enabled. It says:
    Plugin is loaded (error occured while enabling). I don't know if this plugin should be listed at the Add remote control wizard too, in any case, it isn't there. I tried to enable the plugin on both XP x64 and XP Home (SP2). How can I solve this or do I need an other plugin? I tried the one of the SB Live! (an SB Live! plugin for Winamp has always worked flawless) but when I double click it nothing happens .

Nobody? ops:

It's giving me the same error in the settings screen (error occured while enabling), but now I get a popup saying:

Error
    Cannot find any remove control manager window!

edit:
    This is on my x64 boot, but I don't think the XP Home boot would make a difference. I have reinstalled the program for several times now and tried it over and over, still giving me this error.

edit2:
    Even when I unload every other plugin it's still not working.

I'm guessing then that this is going to require a plugin especially for this remote's receiver. Unless it is listed under the HID plugin's settings.
    --Rob

Unfortunately it isnt. But I thought someone else here got it working? The UIR/IRA/IRman/CTInfra/Hollywood+ works for other Creative RC's, so it should work for this one as well, shouldn't it (like the winamp plugin, almost every button 'code' is the same)? How come I can't load these plugins in either XP Home or x64? I should be able to enable them right?

BTW I checked the log and it said it couldn't find the file (for the UIR plugin)? I don't know what file it is looking for, but I DO have uir.dll in the plugins map.

Is the remote USB?

Does your remote look like this?

I had the same error until I installed the "Creative MediaSource Plugin for Remote Control 2.30.02 "

I found looking under Creative Audigy 2 NX, so It may or not work with your X-Fi. I looked for X-Fi remote control center and could not find anything *shrug*

http://au.creative.com/support/downloads/

Make sure you enable the Remote Center with going to start programs, creative, and makeing sure Remote Control & OSD has all check boxes marked.

That's what my remote looks like. And no it's not USB as I said in the TS, it's integrated in the breakout box which is internally connected to the card (some sort of IDE-cable). Also, there isn't such a driver available for my remote on the driver disc and on the support site of Creative, unfortunately

also, there is no such thing as Remote Control & OSD, just OSD is there and I can't select anything. The driver you were telling about exists for the NX because it is an USB card.

Oh btw,

That error is because it cannot find

RCMan.exe should be running in Task Manager, and you should be able to find either
    RcManagerClass2 or RcManagerClass using Girder Captuer Command, selecting target window, and checking the hidden box.

If you cannot find RCMan.exe, or these classes on your computer, it will not run. And you will need to install the software for it to run.

Ok, well forget about that plug, its not going to work at all.

Have you tried this?

http://www.promixis.com/download.php?ID=247

This plugin enables the owners of the SB Live!Drive IR, Platinum 5.1 kit and Audigy to use their Creative iR2000 or rm900 remote with Girder. It can also be used to control Girder using any MIDI device using SysEx messages.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast