Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creative X-Fi Remote control (RM-1800)

How and where do I enable it? Sorry Im a noob with this program, so please explain it in detail. Thank you .

edit:
    That plugin I already had tried, but it just doesn't do anything. Do I need to put it in the plugins map or should it always do something? I just get a quick popup and then it's immediatly gone .

And I won't be able to find rcman.exe since it is only for the Audigy remote control, so it's not needed (and wanted :P) for my X-Fi.

I'm not familure with its operation at all sorry. I have read some threads on here that deal with it thoe, you may wish to search for "Creative Remotes" or "Audigy Remote".

Maybe Mike C can help?

OK I found another program just to test. It's called UIce and it supports the Audigy Drive (development has been canceled as far as I can see). So the RC is compatible with the Audigy one except for a few buttons. Now I would like to see the remote control of the X-Fi fully supported, but if these basic functions are working, I would be quite happy too .
    Is Promixis (intending to) develop(ing) a plugin for the X-Fi remote control?
    I do hope so ops:

BTW I noticed USBUIRT can't be enabled either, giving me the same error as that for the Creative remotes. Or is it that it needs a driver, like rcman.exe?

Nobody?

I think it's probably unlikely that Promixis will be developing a plugin, there simply aren't the resources available.

If a user wants to develop a plugin then I'm sure assistance will be forthcoming.
    --Rob

OK Ive managed at least something. I installed Girder 3.3 and then the sblive! plugin and I can see it's receiving every command. So now Ive got the find a way to make it work in 4.0, since 3.3 is very complicated.

edit:
    OK because I installed girder 3.3, sblive.exe would extract midisynthex.dll. I copied the file to the plugin map of 4.0 and it's working now . Thanks for my own support :P. Will test things around and maybe you could implement this plugin as a standard?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilVirus
    OK Ive managed at least something. I installed Girder 3.3 and then the sblive! plugin and I can see it's receiving every command. So now Ive got the find a way to make it work in 4.0, since 3.3 is very complicated.

edit:
    OK because I installed girder 3.3, sblive.exe would extract midisynthex.dll. I copied the file to the plugin map of 4.0 and it's working now . Thanks for my own support :P. Will test things around and maybe you could implement this plugin as a standard?
    sure we can, would you please let me know what files you need and exactly where to put them? then upload them here in a zip

This file (attachment). Just needs to be placed in the plugins map.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12