Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NetRemote 2.0 Release Information

Default NetRemote 2.0 Release Information

We are please to announce the availability of NetRemote 2.0 beta. NetRemote 2.0 enhances NetRemote 1.1 with more features for
    flexible interface design, powerful media control, and enhanced integration with Girder, Promixis' leading automation
    platform.

Some of NetRemote 2.0's major enhancements

1. Animated graphic support
    2. 24 bit color selection for button background color and text
    3. Different fonts for different buttons
    4. Tight MCE support
    5. Radio support
    6. DVD Profiler integration from MB
    7. Thread Lua support
    8. Enhanced scripting from Lua of plugins and plugin instances
    9. Support for multiple NetRemote instances on one machine (required Whole Home)
    10. Support for profiles
    11. Enhanced support for interface creation including Lua console and variable inspection
    12. Embedded web server with scriptable pages.
    13. Smarter zone support (no longer need to change host and zone)
    14. Much more stability in communication with MediaBridge
    15. Direct USB-UIRT support from NetRemote on Windows (for learn and transmit)
    16. Native Windows CE.net 4.2 support

NetRemote 2.0 Packaging and Pricing:

NetRemote 2.0 Pro (single license for use on Windows or Pocket PC) - $49.99.
    Single License - Click here to purchase
    Includes all music features, plus tight integration with Girder 4, direct support for the USB-UIRT and GlobalCache IR transmitters. Also supports vendor supplied direct infrared from PPC (please see below). Also features expandability via Promixis and community supplied plugins.

NetRemote 2.0 Whole Home (unlimited licenses for Windows and Pocket PC) - $99.99
    Whole Home License - Click here to purchase

Both include a free license for NetRemote Designer
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ron; September 24th, 2007 at 06:43 PM.

I just purchased 2 copies of NetRemote Pro+IR and 1 copy of NetRemoteDesigner (Feb/March '06), what if any upgrade paths would you offer in this situation?

Thanks for the pricing announcement, couple of questions.

1) infrared why is this being dropped as an option in the standard product and moved out into being a 3rd party plugin? It seemed like a really good option and worked well in my Axim X30. Would seem best to me to have Promixis providing and supporting IR. Do you have someone lined up to provide an IR plugin for V2.0 release? How much is the IR plugin likely to cost?

2) The purchase page currently shows the purchase options for version 1.1, when will this be changed to allow Version 2 purchases.

3) Can you make the V1.1 licence (bundled with V2 Beta) the Pro +IR version rather than just the Pro?

Thanks guys.

the 1.91 beta doesn't boot up on my ipaq ih6340. Will this be the case with 2,0? I don't want to shell out if it won't start!

Quote Originally Posted by toml0006
    I just purchased 2 copies of NetRemote Pro+IR and 1 copy of NetRemoteDesigner (Feb/March '06), what if any upgrade paths would you offer in this situation?
    Certainly, its impossible for us to cover all the differnet upgrade scenarios.

PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega
    Thanks for the pricing announcement, couple of questions.

1) infrared why is this being dropped as an option in the standard product and moved out into being a 3rd party plugin? It seemed like a really good option and worked well in my Axim X30. Would seem best to me to have Promixis providing and supporting IR. Do you have someone lined up to provide an IR plugin for V2.0 release? How much is the IR plugin likely to cost?

2) The purchase page currently shows the purchase options for version 1.1, when will this be changed to allow Version 2 purchases.

3) Can you make the V1.1 licence (bundled with V2 Beta) the Pro +IR version rather than just the Pro?

Thanks guys.
    The plan is for existing IR users to get a free upgrade to the new plugin. We don't have everything finalized yet re: IR so we don't exactly how this will work.

Guys - you knew it would come.

So let me be the first. I bought a license (Pro+IR and designer) to be able to use the beta as I only have a CE4.2 device and then find straight after the purchase that I will need to buy an upgraded license.

I have no choice but to upgrade as my device is a CE4.2 device

I have no problem paying for the software that I use - as I know it keeps your team feed and providing support, but this time around I think I really got the raw end of the deal.

Happy to pay upgrade fees - and did so for your G4 release - but that was after 2 years of using G3.3.

After 2 months - I feel a little bit left out in the cold on this arrangement.

Great news on the new release!

I bougt NR Pro + IR and and NRD just a few HOURS before this announcment.

So do I now need to pony up another $42.50 for the update?

Threre really needs to be some grace period for recent purchases of NR 1.0!! Something like 90 days seems reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by emmee
    Great news on the new release!

I bougt NR Pro + IR and and NRD just a few HOURS before this announcment.

So do I now need to pony up another $42.50 for the update?

Threre really needs to be some grace period for recent purchases of NR 1.0!! Something like 90 days seems reasonable.
    We will work something out.

All,

Just too clarify. Its really impossible for us to cover all the different upgrade scenarios. We greatly appreciate all of our users support and will do our best to accomadate everyone. If you have specific upgrade questions/issues please email me. mike.c @ promixis.com.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast