Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NetRemote 2.0.0.68 beta

Default NetRemote 2.0.0.68 beta

Hello folks -

The newest beta of NetRemote 2 is now available, and includes more changes that make NetRemote a bit easier to use and more consistent with Girder 4.

Warning - It is recommended that you remove your previous installation. The plugin API has changed and developers will be releasing new plugins shortly.

Note - This is the first version using the new registration for NR 2.0. If you've registered, your codes should work. If they do not, please let me know. For all others, you now have another 30 day trial, and starting now we -should- be able to extend trials when necessary.

Big fat Warning - One of the -big- changes is that the lua directory structure has changed. The Lua directory may be used, but it's use it being deprecated in favor of a "luascript" directory, with a startup directory (like Girder). GAC, PanelWatch, and GirderReady are in startup, but all others must be loaded via "require" in your CCF's lua file if you wish to use them.

There are still a bunch of items on our list, but we wanted to get the lua fixes and other stability enhancements out.

Please see the previous thread here.

You may download it here
    NetRemote Pro Suite.
    NetRemote Pro (PPC Cab).

Previous version ( 2.0.0.67 )
    NetRemote Pro Suite.
    NetRemote Pro (PPC Cab).

2.0.0.68 - Posted 17-May-2006
    1. Changed - NR no longer outputs a text file for the lua log for NRD to read, it will connect to NRD via a socket, instead. Note that this will allow (in the future) for a remote NR to talk to NRD, including push/pull ccfs.
    2. Fixed - Several thread locking issues with the socket code, which were causing problems with G4.
    3. Fixed - Problem with GIP bombing NetRemote on exit if GIP still connected.
    4. Fixed - Problem with a popup frame on a popup frame not rendering in right position.

2.0.0.67 - Posted 01-May-2006
    1. Fixed - Animated buttons would not animate when on a windowed frame
    2. Changed - GAC.lua uses proper locals to keep from making the lua environment viewer in NRD ugly.
    3. Added - Support for some expanded plugin features requested by developers
    4. Fixed - Some problems with states / GAC as seen by Kurt

2.0.0.66 - Posted 22-Apr-2006
    1. Fixed - Problem with trial keys not being used properly (in multiple ways). Please post here if your PPC is still required a registration immediately versus the 30 day trial.
    2. Fixed - Filename breaking with filename null in MB
    3. Fixed - New file format would cause problems loading loop (new format coming soon with the new NRD after a bit more testing)
    4. Fixed - Search box in MB would change positions if on a state frame and switching hosts
    5. Fixed - Switching hosts would change fonts of search box, queue, and tree
    6. Fixed - NetRemote not shutting down properly because of IR plugin on both PPC and Windows (potentially)
    7. Added - Using require() in your lua file will look in the directory your CCF is in also. So require('myfile') will look for myfile.lua in the luascript directory, and then the directory your CCF is in.

2.0.0.65 - Posted 19-Apr-2006
    1. Fixed - Not hiding menu option after registration on PPC
    2. Fixed - Not showing registration information in about (on PPC)
    3. Fixed - Not hiding menu option on startup for registered PPC version
    4. Added - Ability to get Filename from GAC+ query (add Filename to request fields in GAC+ object)

2.0.0.64 - Posted 18-Apr-2006
    1. Fixed - Registration causing Windows version not to boot
    2. Fixed - Registration not being able to be entered into PPC version (though this appears to not be saved for some reason - fix soon)
    3. Fixed - Unicode strings would blow up when returned from NetRemote.GetVariable. Out of range characters are now converted to ?
    4. Added - NetRemote.GetVariable takes 2nd boolean parameter of true to get the variable encoded as HTML (out of range characters converted to � format)
    5. Added - Ability to save the background of a button to a file (to be used by web browser for emulated transparency - more info on this soon)
    6. Fixed - Memory leak relating to new states when used with next version of NRD.
    7. Changed - Added Avid's new versions of Zoom and AvidUtils
    8. Fixed - Support for animated graphics when used with new NRD (to be added soon)
    9. Changed - If going from a non-animated graphic to graphic on press, the animation will play, and then all actions will occur, and then release. Previously it would play and then immediately go to release (without the user releasing).

2.0.0.63 - Posted 16-Apr-2006
    1. Fixed - LuaSockets working again
    2. Changed - Lua directory structure changed (Big change)
    3. Changed - Lua LoadLib now working on PPC (Sockets moved into separate DLLs in lualib directory)
    4. Changed - Plugin SDK now allows plugins to get proper fonts and transparency.
    5. Changed - Text box in NRBasic now used fore/background color + font information
    6. Added - Support added for new NRD file format (more information on this soon with new version of NRD) (including Font sizes, and styles (such as bold, italic, etc.)
    7. Added - New registration system for PPC and Windows (30 day trials should begin again)
    8. Changed - GAC now supports multiple instances (Thanks Marcel)
    9. Changed - Internal interface format should be a bit more efficient (a little faster and a little less memory intensive).
    10. Fixed - "Fullscreen bug" resolution broke fullscreen mode in Windows, now fixed.

1.9.1.62 - Posted 31-Mar-2006
    1. Added - Support for 24 bit color selection (when paired with NRD 1.1)
    2. Added - Font selection for different buttons (when paired with NRD 1.1)
    3. Added - Ability to send lua output to NRD 1.1
    4. Added - Ability to send lua state to NRD 1.1
    5. Changed - MCE integration a bit tighter / more stable
    6. Added - Control of MCE pictures (Ability to 'play' them in slideshow or single detail view)
    7. Added - Control of MCE volume using standard volume slider
    Last edited by Ben S; May 18th, 2006 at 06:30 AM.

@Ben: Did my delivery of AvidUtils and Zoom plug-ins arrive too late for this release? Or are you planning to make these separate 3rd-party installs. If the latter - you still have the docs installed, which might confuse.

@All: If you want AvidUtils and Zoom plug-ins for the latest beta, see attached. Also, let me know of any problems with the new font and transparency handling with AvidUtils text. These are obviously significant NR changes that might cause problems.

Thanks

Brian
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've Installed this version on 2 PCs and 1 WinCE 4.2 Device.

On the first PC the program don't start, on the another one I got an error and on the WinCE device it require a license.

Do I need to purchase the new version before testing it?
    Is this version don't require any more the fakedlls on WinCe 4.2 devices?

Manu.

Hi Ben,

The PPC version:

(a) requires a license key - so I can't run it at all now ;
    {b) has inadequate space for the licensing dialog (see picture); and
    (c) has the April 14 AvidUtils, which does not have per-button font support.

Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images

requires a license key - so I can't run it at all now
    I have the same on ppc,

also on 2 out of 3 pc's the win32 version crashes immediately....
    no idea what is different on the working pc or how to debug this...

removing plugins/ccf files makes no difference

Marcel

ok, the crashing on win32 is caused by nr using the debug versions of the mfc dll's... manually installing those fixes the crashing...

the next weird thing is that on the 2 out of 3 pc's NR looks for the lua files referenced by require(...) in NetRemote\lua (which now doesn't exist anymore) and in the pc that works ok, NR looks for the lua files in NetRemote\luascript ??????

Marcel

Ah, good catch there Marcel.

I was trying to work out what was different here.

re the lua path problem - do you have any scripts that set LUA_PATH ?
    --Rob

not that I'm aware of...
    if I type 'set' in a dos prompt on either pc, I don't see lua_path

Marcel

Avid - I included the latest versions. That's quite strange, indeed. I'll investigate and fix in the next install.

Re: the debug MFC dlls - Argh. This is a result of the registration dll. I'll fix today and reupload. Sorry folks.

Re: license on PPC - This is quite strange. It should start in a 30 day trial right away, you should -not- need a license key. I'll investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by mhwlng
    not that I'm aware of...
    if I type 'set' in a dos prompt on either pc, I don't see lua_path
    It's actually a Lua variable
    --Rob

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast